[SOLVED] Duplicate Product - Can't Change Back Office Photo

Solodin

Has anyone seen this before? I'm running PS v 1.4.9.0. When I duplicated a product including duplicating its images the thumbnail in the back office is permanently that of the original product.

I've uploaded the new, main photo, set it as the product cover, regenerated all thumbnails in the store and it still stays there.

There's no issue in the front office, the product cover image takes just fine but this thumbnail image being persistent is very annoying. All these products share all their images minus the single cover image so it's more time efficient to copy all the images rather than re-uploading all of them for each product.

Any ideas to force a thumbnail change?

post-400165-0-04675800-1386966936_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solodin (see edit history)

Has anyone seen this before? I'm running PS v 1.4.9.0

Any ideas to force a thumbnail change?

I vaguely recall seeing that issue in the forge, and thought it got fixed @1.4.10

but I couldn't pin it down from scanning the changelog:

github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.4/blob/master/docs/CHANGELOG.txt

At this point, your best bet is retrieve a subsequent revision of Product.php and AdminProducts.php

from

sourceforge.net/projects/prestashop/files/prestashop%20v1/

or

github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.4

and diff your copy of those scripts against their revised counterparts.

Was "theme breakage" your motivation for staying at 1.4.9?

FWIW, 1.4.10 definitely brought some especially important fixes and improvements.

(Although 1.4.11 was certainly welcome, it was a roll-up of loose ends... vs 1.4.10 which contained noticeable performance improvements)

I vaguely recall seeing that issue in the forge, and thought it got fixed @1.4.10

but I couldn't pin it down from scanning the changelog:

github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.4/blob/master/docs/CHANGELOG.txt

At this point, your best bet is retrieve a subsequent revision of Product.php and AdminProducts.php

from

sourceforge.net/projects/prestashop/files/prestashop%20v1/

or

github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.4

and diff your copy of those scripts against their revised counterparts.

Was "theme breakage" your motivation for staying at 1.4.9?

FWIW, 1.4.10 definitely brought some especially important fixes and improvements.

(Although 1.4.11 was certainly welcome, it was a roll-up of loose ends... vs 1.4.10 which contained noticeable performance improvements)

Thanks for the responses. For browser cache; yes, I did clear it and this is happening when logged onto more than one machine so it's database-side.

For the PS version, yes, upgrading to 1.5 broke the system due to some changes we made. I could give a 1.4.10 or 11 a try; didn't attempt rolling to a higher version of 1.4. I'll try replacing the PHP files but I don't believe I've ever made any changes to the PHP files, only ever the TPL's.

Edited by Solodin (see edit history)

didn't attempt rolling to a higher version of 1.4. I'll try replacing the PHP files but I don't believe I've ever made any changes to the PHP files, only ever the TPL's.

If you haven't modded the PHP scripts, just ignore the suggestion to "diff" later versions of scripts to check for changes. Upgrading to 1.4.10 package (and/or 1.4.11) will hopefully resolve your issue without manual intervention. Please post a followup to let us know the outcome.

Hey, guys. I got this issue resolved. I didn't actually upgrade the PS version; what I did was go into the remote site files and delete all of the product thumbnails.

(prestashop install location)/img/tmp

After I deleted them remotely, I refreshed the browser and the correct thumbnails are there now.