Experiences with PrestaShop with more than 100,000 products, how it works? [SOLVED]

edit the original post, then

12.13.2013-12.08.png
http://screencast.com/t/EudEmvV8a

you can then update the subject...I will check later  and if you got it done...I'll delete out the non relevant stuff...like this post :)

I assume of course you are experienced at running domains with large number database, i.e. vps/dedicated....i.e. you are not going to try this on a 'shared' hosting or other low level hosting plan.  If not update the original post...and ask about that as well...

after you update I will move to a configuring prestashop for more exposure.

Prestashop uses PHP and MySQL. Facebook and Twitter use them as well. You can have lots of people post that they are using 100,000 products. The proof that large amounts of data can be handled by PHP and MySQL are plentiful. That isn't the question.

The questions are what hardware do you need to host 100,000 products. What is the best way to tune PHP and MySQL in relation to my available ram and requests per second.

Edited by Bill Dalton (see edit history)

for example over 100,000 products?

so presta can handle milion products

For a 100,000 products learn about dedicated servers, and learn to maximize PHP and SQL. If you want to go to millions of products then you will need to learn about cloud computing such as Amazon EC2 or Windows Azure. These platforms make scaling easy and are comparatively economical.