404 error with 1 active language multisite

I have a prestashop installation localized for Romania. By default it had US localization also.

This is a site that uses Agile Multiple Sellers / Multiple Shops addons.

When both languages are enabled the links to the sellers shops work no problem.

When I deactivate one language then the links don't work I get a page not available error.

This is when Friendly URLs are activated!

So:

- 2 languages enabled, Friendly URL - YES = OK

- 1 lang enabled, Friendly URL - YES = ERROR

- 1 lang enabled, Friendly URL - NO = OK

Now here is the fun stuff:

I did a clean install: Prestashop 1.5.6.1, latest modules from Agile on 2 hosting providers and it gives me this error under the conditions mentioned above.

I tried with Prestashop 1.5.6.0 initially also same thing.

They guys from Agile really helped me alot, they have great support. They also did a clean install and it worked for them.

Both htaccess files were the same!!!

NOTE: URL rewrite is enabled on the servers but prestashop gives an error in backend:

URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server, or it is not possible to check your server configuration. If you want to use Friendly URLs, you must activate this mod.

In a forum post by Inmotion Hosting they mentioned that this is a problem with Prestashop latests versions. Even if it is active it does not detect it.

I need to mention that the URL are SEF when the option is enabled so it is working.

The problem is something to do with Friendly URLs / Multistore / Single Lang sites.

I have been trying to solve this for a 3 days. REALLY NEED HELP.

Hi @andreibarbuta

Thanks for using our modules.

The result is really weird, I have installed the same version and the same modules, it is working fine. I am sure I have lot of other customers use the same modules at single language, and I have not received similar issue report.

here is what I am going to do, hope you can cooperate:

- provide a empty database and db access info(db name, server, user and password) , and also FTP access to your server.

I will try to install at your sever to see what happens.

(please email us ar [email protected])

- if the new installation does not work as expected, we will also investigate on that site to see if we can find a walk around.