2nd stage Installation problems

Hi I am a Novice in the web development project, I have tried to install the presta shop on my server but I have following message on my 2 stage of installation process.
System and permissions
The following settings are required. Please make sure the following checklist items are true.

If you have any questions, please visit our Documentation Wiki and/or Community Forum.
* PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software): * PHP 5.0 or later is installed * Allowed to upload files * Allowed to create new files and folders * GD Library is installed * MySQL support is on *

Write permissions on folders (do not apply recursively/to subfolders): * /config * /tools/smarty/compile * Write permissions on folders and subfolders/recursively: * /img * /mails * /modules * /themes/prestashop/lang * /translations

Optional set-up
* PHP settings (modify via your PHP admin software): * Allowed to open external URLs * PHP register global option is off (recommended) * GZIP compression is on (recomm)

The above items in red I do not understand, until and unless I fix these problem it would not let me move on to next stage. Any one out there who can help me understand this step by step Plz. So I can move on with the installation.

Cheers
Sharks

Hi Sharks,

Welcome to the PrestaShop Forum!

By searching the Forum for "write permissions", I came across this "old post of mine":http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewreply/5451/.

You need to add write permissions (777) on those folders. You can usually do so directly using your FTP software, often by right-clicking the folder and selecting "Properties" or "Get Info" or something similar. In the folder's information window is often found the ability to change folder permissions to 'Read & Write', also known as 777.

Please consider Searching the Forum next time you encounter a problem. You may find the information you need quite easily! ;-)

Thanks Peter appreciate that, but unfortunately I can not upload the screen shots as some how the pdf file will not attached to this thread. Hence I conatcted the customer services.

Cheers
Sharks

Ok so now I know. What is the format this thread accepts as an attachment? I tried HTML as well and it did not work.

Yes I am just going through it and will see if that's acceptable I will let you know soon.

Cheers
Sharks