Where is the money from sales? Authorize.net

authorizenet is a payment gateway. Once you receive a payment they will hold it for you for a while (depends on the type of contract)

After the period expires authorize will directly transfer you the funds. 

Anyway the first step is to create a merchant account

How does one create a Merchant Account and with who? I guess I'm used to the PayPal model where they authorize the payment and then hold the funds until you transfer. Is there a step-by-step document for how to complete the Prestashop setup workflow? I don't see anything in the setup/menus to accomplish this. When I setup the A.net account (with a pretty good setup fee), I had to give them banking information, but the support tech said I'd have to contact the Merchant Account provider which was Prestashop at their phone number. Phone number is tech support line with contract. Sorry for being a dunce here, but I guess I missed something somewhere... I guess Prestashop has to get a cut from the A.net folks somehow for bringing business to their door. Thanks!

you'll need to create the merchant account with the payment gateway you choose like:

- paypal

- authorizenet

other payment gateways are similar with paypal, nothing fancy here.

To configure your payment module is as simple as going to modules, finding your module like authorize.net and configure it with your merchant details you get from authorizenet (they offer also test accounts). That's it

Agreed, and I had done that with the A.net module and thought all was good. A.net gave me the merchant number and "key" to plug into the module and it worked great. I'd provided them with my bank account information and it was only used to BILL for my service, NOT a way for them to deposit the funds "approved and collected" from my sales. Watch out though, as A.net only "authorizes" payments for yet another Merchant Provider. You have to set that up, in this case e-onlinedata.com (I think because the rep at A.net found that name from somewhere I could not see), in order to actually get the funds into your own account. I think this is very confusing for a new user of Prestashop. I'm not new to e-commerce. I had a GoDaddy shopping cart (with Intuit Merchant Services) and another one with a Drupal back end (PayLeap). In both cases, I setup with one merchant provider and they must have managed the payment gateway integration because I only remember dealing with one "company" to handle the payments. With Intuit the money flowed right into my account. I use a Square reader for "card present" sales and that setup was super simple and the money flows right into my account. Prestashop, please help us manage this setup as Authorize.net has you as the "Reseller" listed on the account. The reseller should be my one point of contact for complete setup of service. The number I called for support appears to require a subscription. 

Dh42, Authorize.net has involved e-onlinedata.com (an underwriting company) in the process. That company is holding 100% reserve (of my sales) until I send them a W9, a cancelled check, an electronic funds transfer authorization and a triple signed merchant application (which I just filled in online).  This is the process I have gone through to get it setup and it has been the most difficult of any company I've dealt with so far. I have all the documentation to back this up if you are interested. My company has been in business for 10 years and I speak from experience with e-commerce merchant providers. The A.net reps (I spoke with 2 on the phone) both told me I have to deal with another company to get my money, and it wasn't Prestashop (who is the reseller for A.net and listed as such on my A.net account) but e-onlinedata.com. Here's a snippit from the email I received today:

"The merchant account has been placed on 100% reserve until the above requirements are met. Funds will not settle to your bank account until the requested information has been received and reviewed.

Your merchant account has been added to the billing system and monthly fees are effective.  The signed merchant agreement and/or the utilization of the merchant account constitutes acceptance of the terms of the merchant processing agreement and all other terms and conditions contained in the e-mail correspondence herein.
We are pleased to have your business. Good luck and thank you."

If I'm paying A.net AND e-onlinedata.com fees every month, I'm not going to be a happy camper... Can someone please tell me their experience with A.net and Prestashop to let me know if I missed something. I don't want anyone else to have to jump thru these hoops.

There process is pretty much standard, the only thing I cannot figure out is why they did not make you do that before they gave you your api information.  

The process you have mentioned is pretty standard for setting up an auth.net account. They are pretty strict on merchant accounts. 

Thanks. I thought it odd too that I received all the "approval" emails from A.net and got my keys and started successfully making sales through their system ONLY then to learn after a week or two of sales and no dollars arriving that something was broken. I'd sure like A.net to be the single point of contact (if they chose to use an underwriter in the background). And, they should remove the Prestashop name from the A.net account if Prestashop is not the point of contact for help with billing issues. I'm glad to know it wasn't something I did to drop the ball on the setup.