Inserting an index page before entering the shop

I've designed a branded home page that my client wants before entering the shop.

At the moment the domain name links directly to the shop homepage.

Can I alter the URL of the shop home page so I can have the homepage I've designed to link to it?

The only way to do this is to have the shop in a sub folder because you can't have two index files in the same folder then in the root you could have a landing page with a link that says something like Shop Online that points to the index.php of the sub folder.

NO, the only difference will be how you enter the back office instead of www.yoursite.com/admin might be something like www.yourshop.com/shop/admin.

If you are going to move the site do a search for moving shop to sub domain and there are many tutorials on it.

Basically move the Prestashop to the sub folder then edit the settings.inc.php file located in the config folder and change the PS_BASE_URI from  '/'  to  '/shop/'  (or whatever you name the sub folder).

You will also need to change the  ps_shop_url  table in your database to point to the new domain.

Delete the contents of the .htaccess and regenerate from the back office if you have crated a sitemap with the sitemap module regenerate that also.

I'm afraid that doesn't work, it actually picks up the index.php first

Even if I change the prestashop homepage from index.php to index2.php it doesn't like that

strange.

can you access at least index.html page?

if you add this to your htaccess it works?

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php