Weight exceed alert

Hello to all,

My shipping company is limited only to 15kg per shipment. I need some alert to customer when they chose more items that are together much heavier then 15kg. Now when this happens Prestashop puts "Free shipping". I suppose because that option is not defined via "Shipping > Weight Ranges".

What to do? Thanks.           

Hello El Patron and thanks for answer, but your suggestions are not solution for mu problem. I already suggest that options to client but he doesn't want that.

Any other idea?

would it not be easier (and wiser) to just allow greater than shipping company weight and send in multiple packages?

else

get a carrier that allows more per shipment

telling customers they are buying to much, is a problem most would like to have :)

Ok, do this. More than likely you have the shipping set up wrong. You have it set to allow the highest defined range. Just define a range for up to 15kg, then set it to disable the carrier if it exceeds that weight. In your translations replace the translation for "No carrier available to ship to that address" to say something about the shipment being overweight. 

Hello Dh42,

Thanks but this don't work too :( I have OK setup for weight ranges and have also setup for max weight. But when I chose to disable carrier if max weight is exceeded then I don't have any message like you mention "No carrier available to ship to that address", instead that I get "Free Shipping". 
If I chose to apply highest price from this carrier then works with highest value, but that is not option for me.

Why I don't have message that there is no suitable Carrier (and instead that I get Free Shipping)?

Thanks,

Ivan