Staging site version of live site

the easiest thing: just duplicate it.

1) create new subdomain like: test.yourdomain.com

2) then copy all files from your prestashop installation to new domain

3) export database

4) create new database

5) import exported database to new one

6) change test.yourdomain.com prestashop installation configuration file /config/ - use there new database credentials

7) connect to "new" test back office and change domain under preferences > seo & urls to "test.yourdomain.com"

• Like 1

Ok so I got the clone working here

http://temp.golfspin.co.uk

And apart from the product images, everything seems fine until you go to the admin section and try and go to the modules menu item when this message appears:

"[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module CertissimXMLElement.class:
syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS"

Does this refer to a particular module and can I just delete it in ftp for now ?

Thanks in advance

Nick

• 6 years later...

Hi,

I found this thread and thought it looked exactly what i was after, does anyone know where iv gone wrong:

Steps i followed:

Created subdomain staging.website.com

Copied puplic_html to staging.website.com folder that was created during subdomain creation

created new database prestashop_staging

Used phpmyadmin operation to copy database to new database

changed parameters.php to reflect new database details

loaded up the new staging site staging.website.com and it loads up everything working perfectly, so to make it easy i put a banner at the top of the page that says "STAGING SITE" with a red background and this came through fine, so if i got to me live site website.com there is no banner, i still have customer coming and creating accounts and placing orders on the live site. then i went to staging.website.com and the banner is there showing me in using the staging site.

Great, all seems perfect! I thought lol!

I then put my staging site into maintenance mode and included my ip so only i can access it. Works a treat.

I checked that new order havnt come through to the staging site and no orders since i duplicated the DB so this looks to be working perfect.

Then i noticed something, i have new customer registrations on both live and staging site! i started looking in to things, i went to the Advanced Parameters > Team > and changed one of our team logins from active to inactive, then i went to the live site and the team members login account was deactivated?

This seems strange, its as if it is updating both databases with the information but only in some functions. 

So to summarize, orders that are being placed on the live website are not coming through to the test site. I made a banner on the test site and this did not come through to the live site.

I changed a team account status from active to inactive on the live site and it changed on the test site.

I tried to do this the other way around, changed a team account status from active to inactive on the test site and it did not change on the live site?

Any ideas

-----

After looking arouind, i found in the subdomain setup it randomly put a redirect in to %{ENV:REWRITEBASE}img/c/$2.jpg which was messing things up so i pressed disable redirect and its fixed!

Edited by metalines
solved (see edit history)