[SOLVED] Images are not displayed for Products

Hello again,

Looks like I will be coming back to this forum infinite number of times.

Now I have a well known issue:

The images are not displayed for all new products. They are replaced with question mark instead.

This is the link to my shop:

http://shop.artofgat.com

Tried almost everything described in this forum and others as well.

My shop version is 1.5.6.1

It is a fresh new installation....

List of changed files so far:

classes/ImageType.php
    modules/blocknewsletter/mails/en/newsletter_conf.html
    modules/blocknewsletter/mails/en/newsletter_verif.html
    modules/blockviewed/blockviewed.php
    modules/mailalerts/mails/en/new_order.html
    modules/mailalerts/mails/en/new_order.txt

Please help resolving this issue... Looks like there are quite a lot of topics here with not enough data or clear resolution, especially for this version.

PS: I also changed the permissions of the img folder to 777

Edited by G00sfraba (see edit history)

OK... Seems like Frendly URLs was the issue here.

To switch off the frendly URLs go to BO--> Preferences--> SEO & URLs

Scroll down and set "Friendly URL" =  No

Enable only if your server allows URL rewriting (recommended)!

Can somebody explain to me what exactly is this option doing?

The friendly url feature changes the visual look of your web site to links that contain words related to your products. In order for it to work you need to have a web server that can accept the information from Prestashop.

Prestashop only checks to see if the module is installed on the Apache Web Server. So it can sometimes be a bit misleading. For example I'm using IIS 8.5 with a module installed that works great with Prestashop.

If you turn on Friendly URLS, and then seem to be missing images, it is because changes are made to your .htaccess file that require you to refresh your browser cache. {Ctrl} + F5.

You may need to delete your browser cache completely if that doesn't work, or rebuild your images.

Fresh install.   checkecd php upload and it is set to 100.   I still get this error Error on image legend "." is not a valid legend.  turned off friendly url.  Any other suggestions.  thank yu in advance

Sometimes it happens with the database. I t stores some old data in your cache and trying to apply it on records in the DB. Try cleaning your browser cache and cookies. Also I receive similar errors when the image is with too big resolution. Try lowering the img resolution.

I actually disabled all kind of caching in the prestashop. Theme, css javas.. etc. My site was running very slow when those were enabled and I had problems with the images. Try reverting all cache/compress settings. Also I added 7/7/7 permission on all image folders and subfolders.

Login to your cPanel --> file manager -->> Right click on every folder you want to change ---> change permissions to read/write