Need help installing SSL logo/seal to front homepage, and have site be HTTPS

Hello, hosting company has advised that SSL was installed on to my site.

I need to install the seal GEoTrust, and have my site be HTTPS all the time.

How do i,

FrontPage installation: In order to properly install your QuickSSL True Site Seal on your web site using FrontPage you will need to follow one of the two procedures below. Otherwise FrontPage will change the HTML code for the seal, causing the icon to function improperly.

Method 1  

One way to add the Tag with Frontpage 2000 is as follows:  

1. Open the html page (*.htm, *.html, *.asp, or whatever) and put the cursor where you want the icon to appear
  2. In the main menu, choose Insert -> Web Component -> Advanced Controls -> HTML to open up the HTML Markup dialog
  3. Paste the second line (the non-comment line) of the Tag into the dialog as shown below in Figure 1 and click OK.
  4. Save the file (in the menu File->Save, or press CTRL-S)

<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan -->
<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. -->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></script>
<!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->
<!-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan -->

The opening and closing webbot comments seem to prevent "file:" from being added when the page is opened and then saved in Frontpage.

Method 2

The other way to essentially accomplish the same thing is to open the HTML source file in a text editor such as Notepad and add the webbot comment lines manually. Before the Tag, add:

And after the Tag, add:

So that your HTML source looks like:

<!-- GeoTrust QuickSSL [tm] Smart Icon tag. Do not edit. -->
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="//smarticon.geotrust.com/si.js"></script>
<!-- end GeoTrust Smart Icon tag -->

I also have to do this,

To force all web traffic to use HTTPS insert the following lines of code in the .htaccess file in your website’s root folder. 

Important:If you have existing code in your .htacess, add this above where there are already rules with a similar starting prefix.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.yourdomain.com/$1 [R,L]

Be sure to replace www.yourdomain.com with your actual domain name.

If you want to force SSL on a specific folder you can insert the code below into a .htaccess file placed in that specific folder:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} 80
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} folder
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://www.yourdomain.com/folder/$1 [R,L]

Make sure you change the folder reference to the actual folder name. Then be sure to replacewww.yourdomain.com/folder with your actual domain name and folder you want to force the SSL on.

NO where do I find .htaacess.

How do I make this happen?

Please help, I have spent hours reading and trying to figure this out.

Sincerely

Jim

For the GEO Trust logo, you could purchase my module that automatically adds the correct code to your site and places the logo in the right or left block

www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/158648-module-block-geo-trust/

For HTTPS, just configure Prestashop.  In Preferences > General section of the back office, change Enable SSL to "yes"