Sorting Modules Positions

I'm very new to Prestashop and have purchased a theme to help with the learning process. I am confused with modules positions and sorting. 

For eg. In the Page header position, I have 39 modules. Currently, I have to manually hook, add and sort each module to the Page header position one by one. I still have 19 modules in Footer Position, 12 modules in right column...etc. It tests my patience further when I have to scroll to locate the positions with each refresh. I would like to know if this is the correct way of doing it? 

I would like to know this too.

However I haven't even figured out how to start a new thread of my own on the forum ....(so the prospects of getting things sorted out are not very positive).

If I knew that, I would ask how to change the links from the inages set in the "featured products on the homepage" boxes to link either to the subcategory pages or to the particular product page with other products shown below from the subcategories. At present the only place to go after you click on any of the featured products is to the other featured products.

Is there a way to get into the html code?

hello

displayHeader hook is "invisible" hook where the css and js files necessary for modules are loaded.

you probably want to change visible part of modules, in this case, please take a looko on displayTop hook modules list and change 

Hi there, I don't understand it either.  I am not too sure if it is because of the set up of the theme I purchased. If what I am doing is the only way to hook and unhook modules, I think that is not very intuitive. It is quite a pain to do it this way. 

For eg. In the Page header position, I have 39 modules. Currently, I have to manually hook, add and sort each module to the Page header position one by one. I still have 19 modules in Footer Position, 12 modules in right column...etc. It tests my patience further when I have to scroll to locate the positions with each refresh. I would like to know if this is the correct way of doing it? 

Hi Twiggs,

In most cases you don't have to manually hook. Once you install your modules, they are hooked to their respective hooks. You don't have to manually hook any modules.

If I knew that, I would ask how to change the links from the inages set in the "featured products on the homepage" boxes to link either to the subcategory pages or to the particular product page with other products shown below from the subcategories. At present the only place to go after you click on any of the featured products is to the other featured products.

Is there a way to get into the html code?

Hi PDJ,

Can u please help with some screenshots so that I understand what you mean ?

Hi Ibndawood,

Thanks for the direction. I'm new to Presta and I just started working with a purchased theme for learning purpose. Probably it is the theme I purchased required this set up. The theme auto installer is not working and I have to manually hook the modules to their respective positions. I reckon it was because they developed their own modules? 

Hi Twiggs,

In most cases you don't have to manually hook. Once you install your modules, they are hooked to their respective hooks. You don't have to manually hook any modules.

Hi Twiggs,

Welcome to prestashop (you've made a good choice :) )

Usually latest themes should work with the theme installer. Did you check with your theme author about the theme's compatibility with theme installer. 

Also the modules, developers hook their modules to their respective hooks while the module is installed itself (You can check the code in your module file. The hooks would be registered in install() method).

In most cases the modules would have been hook as you install them if not there is only one reason which is that the module developer did not call the registerHook method while installing.

Also to position the modules you can simply drag-drop them to reorder in Modules->Positions.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...

I never got any further with this. To put it in simple terms I want to remove certain links - eg. Manufacturers, and facebook icon from my Home Page and think I have to go to Themes >Positions and do something... but what. My mind has been clouded by an old Dreamweaver program! Still haven't found out how to start a new thread here either....