Change the on sale! Text by Client Group - help Coding

Hi

I need to make a change in the field "on.advert" depending on the costumer id.

in product.tpl i found

{if $product->on_sale}
                                <span class="advert">{l s='On sale!'}</span>
                            {elseif $product->specificPrice AND $product->specificPrice.reduction AND $productPriceWithoutRedution > $productPrice}
                                <span class="advert">{l s='Reduced price!'}</span>
                            {/if}

I tried to make something like this, but i think i have an error on the code (i never coded before...):

{if $product->on_sale}
                                <span class="advert">{if $id_group-->1 OR if $id_group-->2 OR if $id_group-->3 >{l s='On sale!'}</span> 
                            {elseif {if $id_group-->4 OR if $id_group-->5 OR if $id_group-->6 OR if $id_group-->7 OR if $id_group-->8 OR if $id_group-->9 OR if $id_group-->10>{l s='Outlet!'}</span>
                            {elseif $product->specificPrice AND $product->specificPrice.reduction AND $productPriceWithoutRedution > $productPrice}
                            {/if}

Basically i need to appear "On sale!" on clients from the groupid 1, 2 and 3, and all the others to be "Outlet"

Yes it exists, in ps_group_lang for example, where is defined the name of the groups, or in ps_group where is the data regarding the price conditions for each group.

I've made those changes and the product page does not load.

"Current" Code

{if $product->on_sale}
                                <span class="advert">{if $id_group==1 OR if $id_group==2 OR if $id_group==3 >{l s='On sale!'}
                            {elseif {if $id_group==4 OR if $id_group==5 OR if $id_group==6 OR if $id_group==7 OR if $id_group==8 OR if $id_group==9 OR if $id_group==10>{l s='Outlet!'}
                            {elseif $product->specificPrice AND $product->specificPrice.reduction AND $productPriceWithoutRedution > $productPrice}</span>
                            {/if}

Hello

After many changes and experiences i was able to get some progress here with the following code:

{if $product->on_sale}
  {if $id_group < 4}
    <span class="advert">{l s='On sale!'}
  {else}
    <span class="advert">{l s='OUTLET!'}
  {/if}

{elseif $product->specificPrice AND $product->specificPrice.reduction AND $productPriceWithoutRedution > $productPrice}</span>
{/if}

It now opens the page of the product, but with following messages:

Notice: Undefined index: id_group in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/cache/smarty/compile/f9/0c/19/f90c193fc8fabce72bf3313a40a9b4ca39adc7f6.file.product.tpl.php on line 551 - See more at: LOJA/cabos/939-philips-cabo-es-bl-110-outlet-8426481300767.html#sthash.anm8IxYC.dpuf

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/s002830/public_html/LOJA/cache/smarty/compile/f9/0c/19/f90c193fc8fabce72bf3313a40a9b4ca39adc7f6.file.product.tpl.php on line 551 - See more at: LOJA/cabos/939-philips-cabo-es-bl-110-outlet-8426481300767.html#sthash.anm8IxYC.dpuf

I don't understand much about this, but it looks like that i have to add somewhere the id_group to be indexed for it to know what it is and read data, something like that.

in product.tpl on line 551 i have:

(LINE 546) {if isset($features) && $features}
(LINE 547)        <!-- product's features -->
(LINE 548)        <ul id="idTab2" class="bullet">
(LINE 549)        {foreach from=$features item=feature}
(LINE 550)            {if isset($feature.value)}
(LINE 551)                <li><span>{$feature.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span> {$feature.value|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</li>
(LINE 552)           {/if}
(LINE 553)         {/foreach}
(LINE 554)         </ul>
(LINE 555)     {/if}

Any ideas to help me?

Edited by nspinheiro (see edit history)