[SOLVED] Remove "country" from customers address within PDF invoice?

Hi  :)

I would like to know, how to remove "country" from customers address within PDF invoice?

Becuase i'm using Prestashop only in my country (Slovenia), so it's a little bit unnecessary there.

I'm attaching picture as well, so you will see exactly, what i mean.

Thank you and best regards,

Housy

post-33160-0-39610100-1385379591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Housy (see edit history)

Go to Back office->Localization->countries

Select your country (Slovenia)

edit the address format:

- take out the Country:Name line

save

view invoice, then it should work.

-extra check: See if you still can create new customer in Front office (your shop) and add an address.

pascal.

• Like 1

Hi Pascal  :)

This works on PDF but can't create new address after i register as a new user.

I'm getting error "country ID is required".

Is there a way to avoid this error somehow?

Regards, Housy

Go to Back office->Localization->countries

Select your country (Slovenia)

edit the address format:

- take out the Country:Name line

save

view invoice, then it should work.

-extra check: See if you still can create new customer in Front office (your shop) and add an address.

pascal.

Yeah, I was afraid so, as you don't have another country to choose from it will not show the country field, and thus will not add 'slovenia as 'default' value...

Try this:

in classes/Address.php, around line 110, you will find this piece of code (or similar):   (backup first, just in case)

public static $definition = array(
'table' => 'address',
'primary' => 'id_address',
'fields' => array(
'id_customer' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
'id_manufacturer' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
'id_supplier' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
'id_warehouse' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId', 'copy_post' => false),
'id_country' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isUnsignedId', 'required' => false),
'id_state' => array('type' => self::TYPE_INT, 'validate' => 'isNullOrUnsignedId'),
'alias' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 32),

try setting required to false

Hope this does it. If not, we have to find another way to take out the country line in the PDF file...

pascal

If i do that, i can add a new address but after i add one, i'm redirected to "my addresses", which is empty. It says "there are no addresses".

Is there any other way to fix this?

Really appreciate your help, thank you a lot

Regards, Housy  :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Housy,

Sorry, didn't give it a big thought yet, so no clean solution.

A quick and (very) dirty way to do it (if it is always Slovenia) however is:

edit file: /classes/PDF/HTMLTemplateInvoice.php  (make backup, just in case:)

find function: getContent(): and add the red lines:

public function getContent()
{
    $country = new Country((int)$this->order->id_address_invoice);
    $invoice_address = new Address((int)$this->order->id_address_invoice);
    $formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array(), '<br />', ' ');
    $formatted_invoice_address = str_replace("Slovenia", '', $formatted_invoice_address );
    $formatted_delivery_address = '';

if ($this->order->id_address_delivery != $this->order->id_address_invoice)
    {
        $delivery_address = new Address((int)$this->order->id_address_delivery);
        $formatted_delivery_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($delivery_address, array(), '<br />', ' ');
        $formatted_delivery_address = str_replace("Slovenia", '', $formatted_delivery_address );
    }

This will do the trick.

pascal.
  • Like 2

Thank you so much Pascal, it works great  :D

Really appreciate your help  ;)

Still have one question. Will that affect only PDF invoice, right?

Hi Housy,

Sorry, didn't give it a big thought yet, so no clean solution.

A quick and (very) dirty way to do it (if it is always Slovenia) however is:

edit file: /classes/PDF/HTMLTemplateInvoice.php  (make backup, just in case:)

find function: getContent(): and add the red lines:

{
    $country = new Country((int)$this->order->id_address_invoice);
    $formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array(), '<br />', ' ');
    $formatted_invoice_address = str_replace("Slovenia", '', $formatted_invoice_address );

{
        $formatted_delivery_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($delivery_address, array(), '<br />', ' ');
        $formatted_delivery_address = str_replace("Slovenia", '', $formatted_delivery_address );
    }

This will do the trick.

pascal.

Edited by Housy (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, 

other way to remove the country:

$formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'Country:name')), '<br />', ' ');

This is much better way. Is it documented somewhere. Solved all my problems.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, 

other way to remove the country:

$formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'Country:name')), '<br />', ' ');

This is good - I've amended the references within HTMLTemplateInvoice and HTMLTemplateDeliverySlip to include the avoid line for 'phone' - I don't want the customer telephone number visible on the address label.

What I would like to do, though, is omit the country name for just the current country, i.e. the country where the despatching warehouse is located.  (Royal Mail formal specs say not to put United Kingdom on addresses, although they've not actually complained to me yet..)  We do post to other countries, so leaving it off completely wont work.  Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

This is good - I've amended the references within HTMLTemplateInvoice and HTMLTemplateDeliverySlip to include the avoid line for 'phone' - I don't want the customer telephone number visible on the address label.

What I would like to do, though, is omit the country name for just the current country, i.e. the country where the despatching warehouse is located.  (Royal Mail formal specs say not to put United Kingdom on addresses, although they've not actually complained to me yet..)  We do post to other countries, so leaving it off completely wont work.  Any ideas?

Hi,

Would you kindly paste your code for removing phone number from the invoice?

I tried the following but it doesn't do anything:

$formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'phone')), '<br />', ' ');

Thank you.

Hi,

Would you kindly paste your code for removing phone number from the invoice?

I tried the following but it doesn't do anything:

$formatted_invoice_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($invoice_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'phone')), '<br />', ' ');

Thank you.

In classes/pdf/HTMLTemplateInvoice.php

{
$country = new Country((int)$invoice_address->id_country);

{
$formatted_delivery_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($delivery_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'phone')), '<br />', ' ');
}

• Like 1

In classes/pdf/HTMLTemplateInvoice.php

{
$country = new Country((int)$invoice_address->id_country);

{
$formatted_delivery_address = AddressFormat::generateAddress($delivery_address, array('avoid' => array(1 => 'phone')), '<br />', ' ');
}

Thank you very much for posting the code. Unfortunately, I still see the phone number in invoices. I wonder if it has to do something with changes I made to remove second phone on the account registration pages...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...