Hallo

Can somebody help me..

Today i open my website and i was presented with this error

"The database selection cannot be made."

I did not no anything as far as i remember, the symptoms just suddenly occur.

I did try to find information, some says edit the "setting,inc.php"

i did try that, recheck the db_name, user_name, pswd 

but nothing seems to work..

I am using hostgator as my hosting..

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Starch

It turns out that mistake was hostgator.. They are experiencing a problem..

Now everything is okay..

Below is the reply from them.. In case Abby of you stumble upon the same problem..

[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

This morning November 20th, 2013 at 10:37 AM CST, one of our data centers experienced an electrical incident which caused multiple servers to lose power. Although we have redundant measures in place to avoid any interruption of service, this particular incident did impact some customers and required manual intervention. Many customer services were restored quickly, however we are certainly aware of ongoing issues related to the event this morning.

Some of these issues may appear as SQL/Database related errors showing on your site and or server error logs. We are working diligently to repair these services and are making steady progress. There may be intermittent slowness due to various repair processes and file system checks. Please rest assured that we are aware of these issues and working through them as quickly as possible.

In the unfortunate case that you are still seeing issues please let us know, by replying to this ticket and we'll be happy to assist you. I urge you to please refrain from opening more than one ticket related to this issue, or reaching out to more than one support channel at a time (live chat, phone and ticket). The increased support volume from these repeated contacts does unfortunately delay our ability to address your concerns in a timely manner. We address all tickets and support requests in the order they are received.

We know how important your web presence is to you, and we would like to thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Adam Farrar

CEO hostgator