Disabling discounts (cart rules) to items already on sale

Hello,

one of my customers has presented me a problem laying in PS 1.5 and I found no solution to this apart from open requests left unresolved on the forum and issuetracker. 

Suppose you have a shop with a number of items on sale with reduced prices.

Say you are placing these on sale items in a specific category (named, say, "on sale") or that you are ticking the "sale" flag to active the "on sale" icon, or even both things.

Now suppose you create a new cart rule (voucher) to give a discount of 25% to all products... of course you do not want to apply this discount on items already on sale.

Well, it seems there is absolutely no way to avoid this. 

If one gets the voucher, she will get the 25% off discount even on items on sale.

I think that an option on cart rules saying:

"exclude items on this category: ----"

or

"exclude items marked 'on sale' "

would do the job, but it's not there.

I think this is a very common case.

Perhaps I am tackling the issue in the wrong way?

Hope to get a few suggestions, thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We needed to apply Discount to only products that were not in the "on sale"

We achieved this by

Editing the file: classes/CartRule.php

After this code:

// Do not give a reduction on free products!

$order_total = $context->cart->getOrderTotal($use_tax, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS, $package_products);

foreach ($context->cart->getCartRules(CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT) as $cart_rule)

$order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_G    IFT, $package), 2);

Add these lines:

foreach ($package_products as $product)
          if($product['on_sale'])
                       $order_total -= $use_tax ? $product['total_wt'] : $product['total'];
  • Like 3

We achieved this by

After this code:

$order_total = $context->cart->getOrderTotal($use_tax, Cart::ONLY_PRODUCTS, $package_products);

foreach ($context->cart->getCartRules(CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT) as $cart_rule)

$order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_G    IFT, $package), 2);

Add these lines:

if($product['on_sale'])

Hmm. Did not work for me. Still gets discount on products that are on sale.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Didn't work for me too on PS 1.5.1

Any suggestion?

Worked perfectly for me on PS 1.5. I didn't change original files. I copied CartRule.php to override/clases directory and edited it right there. Then I cleared theme cache in BO and turned off CCC for a while. Then it started working.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I did put this code into CartRules.php and then tried to shop...

What works is that there's no reduction given in a % voucher on the products in sale... But the strange thing is that when I try to apply this code to a sales product, in the cart the prices is changed to the normal (not on sale) price...

So something is not going the right way...

What can be wrong?

Thanks...

SOLVED

Ok I have the solution:

CartRule.php line ~796 after: $order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT, $package), 2);

//        if($product['on_sale'])
if (Product::isDiscounted((int)$product['id_product'])) 

• Like 2

OK, and then when a client has a 'oney' voucher, they still can buy the sale products?

Or then also not?

Thanks...

______

EDIT:

I see that if I use a 'money' voucher, the price of the sales article is going back to the normal price... How can this be changed? Anyone a clue over here?

Edited by dekarperboer (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

you can order "on sale" products with voucher code, 

why not?

Hello Vekia, sorry for the late reaction, but I was on holidays...

What I mean is following:

For % vouchers/rules:

When I order some products which are in sale, with this code the price of the product will get back to the normal price and then is calculating the discount (%), after that the order price is reduced with the discount calculated... This is OK...

For money vouchers/rules: 

When I order some products which are in sale, with this code the price of the product will get back to the normal price and after that the total order price is reduced with the value of the money voucher... This is NOT OK... Because a money voucher should have the possibilities of enjoying the sales prices. If you know what I mean...

Thanks,

Marco

SOLVED

Ok I have the solution:

CartRule.php line ~796 after: $order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT, $package), 2);

Yep, it's working. But still there's a small problem. When you add a product that is not on sale and use a coupon it adds a discount for the whole cart. A finishing touch from Vekia and we will have a perfect solution;)

Yep, it's working. But still there's a small problem. When you add a product that is not on sale and use a coupon it adds a discount for the whole cart. A finishing touch from Vekia and we will have a perfect solution;)

hello

you have to define target of code in "actions" section, if you selected that code is for whole cart, it will be included for whole cart\

there is also available solution as a module for PrestaShop 1.5 and 1.6: disble vouchers for items on sale

• 1 month later...

hello

you have to define target of code in "actions" section, if you selected that code is for whole cart, it will be included for whole cart

Can you explain what you mean Vekia?

We really need some coding for this... Let me try what I'm looking for again:

At this moment, when a customer adds a product to the cart that is in SALE and they use a %

cart rule the SALE price is removed and the original price shows up. That’s not what we want,

what we want is that % cart rules can never be used on products that are in SALE.

When a customer uses an € amount cart rule they should be able to also buy SALE products.

Now, what we want is that the % sales vouchers keep working as they do now, when a customer fills in a % voucher the sales price returns to the normal / original price and then calculates the discount over the normal / original price.

But when a customer fills in an € amount voucher, then the sales price has to stay. As we sell these vouchers to our customers, it’s a bit strange that the price of Sales products will change.

From what we understand, you want to sell vouchers with a specific € amount. Is that right? Please also confirm if we can add these vouchers as products.

This means that an adjustment needs to be made to how the cart will handle different cart rules (% rule and € rule).

See Cart Image #1

Here you van see the cart without a cart rule applied and you can see the sales price is calculated on some products.

See Cart Image #2

Here you can see the cart with a % cart rule applied and you can see the sales prices are removed and the % cart rule is then calculated over the normal / standard price giving the customer the discount of 15% over the total of the cart. THIS IS WORKING GOOD!

See Cart Image #3

Here you see the cart with a € cart rule applied and you can also see here the sales prices are set back to normal / original price and after that the customer get’s the € discount price. THIS IS NOT WORKING GOOD! As we want the € cart rule applied to the cart WITH the sales prices as I tried to make clear in See Cart Image #4.

Is this possible you think?

Thanks...

post-412833-0-73974200-1404563613_thumb.jpg

post-412833-0-92988400-1404563617_thumb.jpg

post-412833-0-08372800-1404563621_thumb.jpg

post-412833-0-14172200-1404563624_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to work this somehow on a Prestashop 1.5.2.

I've used the code with the "if($product['on_sale'])" clause instead of the call to Product::isDiscounted funtion.

I don't think it's the optimal way of resolving this issue as each time we want to have a discounted price we need to mark the product with the "on sale" mark.  :(

Anyone having problem with the Product::isDiscounted function?

Even thought the product had a discount (catalogue rule o price rule) the function returned false and the whole discount to the order was applyed.

I'll keep on investigating this and if I find a solution I'll post it here.

Thanks to all the contributors.

• 1 month later...

I haven't used 1.5, but in the process of upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6. I was happy to see that there are further possibilities to configure the cart rules, but it's a pity that one can't exclude already discounted products/categories/specific products. I'm regularly running special offers like 10% or 15% off the whole store, but I need to be able to exclude certain product categories/products such as e-gift certificates and additional shipping charges. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was having trouble disabling the group discount if a product is already on sale. This thread has helped me quite a lot, but I still had to look through a lot of code. So this is how I did it, I hope it helps someone! :)

In GroupReduction.php

In the function "getValueForProduct", after

if (!Group::isFeatureActive())
			return 0;

i added:

if (Product::isDiscounted($id_product))
			return 0;

Note: I'm running 1.6.0.6

Cheers!

Edited by sirDonald (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I was having trouble disabling the group discount if a product is already on sale. This thread has helped me quite a lot, but I still had to look through a lot of code. So this is how I did it, I hope it helps someone! :)

In GroupReduction.php

In the function "getValueForProduct", after

if (!Group::isFeatureActive())
			return 0;

i added:

if (Product::isDiscounted($id_product))
			return 0;

Note: I'm running 1.6.0.6

Cheers!

SirDonald,

I have recently downloaded the latest version of 1.6.0.9 and I am also trying to exclude sale items on a store wide voucher (though I think it would be nice to have the option per cart rule). Is the code you posted above the extent of the changes you made or did you use any of the code previously posted in this thread or other wise?

Tks,

• 4 weeks later...

We achieved this by

After this code:

Add these lines:

if($product['on_sale'])

I must say big thanks! Real life saver.

Makes the job!

1) I have put into basket some sale product

2) I want to apply voucher code and nothing happend (no alert no voucher in shopping cart) yay!

3) I add non sale product to basket and before applied voucher is available and the voucher reduce price only to non discounted product! Superb!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow! Same nightmare problem, but i have found a workaround and I must share.

I am using 1.5.6.2

I did not want to make a coding change.

I tried everything, almost...

Then I tried this and it works perfectly!!!.  Presta-tricks!!!

1. Create a new manufacturer called On Sale (or whatever you like)
  2. go to each Product that is on sale and go to the Associations tab
  3. change the Manufacturer to On Sale
  4. go to your cart rule that is providing a discount for all regular priced merchandise only
  5. go to Product Selection and add a rule concerning all manufacturers except the On Sale manufacturer 
  6. under Actions choose to apply discount to all selected products

So happy that this works.  Please tell me if it does or does not work for you!!!

Remember also to also uncombine the other cart rules if necessary.

Cheers!

Edited by PrestaToys (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Thank you all for a great help!! Post #13 works perfectly for me. Plus I added a piece of code that disables my two products from the whole cart discount (gift vouchers). This is my code: 

if ($product['id_product'] == 45 || $product['id_product'] == 46) 

Wow! Same nightmare problem, but i have found a workaround and I must share.

I am using 1.5.6.2

I did not want to make a coding change.

I tried everything, almost...

Then I tried this and it works perfectly!!!.  Presta-tricks!!!

1. Create a new manufacturer called On Sale (or whatever you like)
  2. go to each Product that is on sale and go to the Associations tab
  3. change the Manufacturer to On Sale
  4. go to your cart rule that is providing a discount for all regular priced merchandise only
  5. go to Product Selection and add a rule concerning all manufacturers except the On Sale manufacturer 
  6. under Actions choose to apply discount to all selected products

So happy that this works.  Please tell me if it does or does not work for you!!!

Remember also to also uncombine the other cart rules if necessary.

Cheers!

Creative solution! Unfortunately this requires all products to have a manufacturer set, right? So if you're not using Manufacturers you would have to set all regular priced products to a manufacturer called "Not On Sale".

Hey Yay,

I do not have manufacturers set and it works for me... I think it should work for you too.  

Not sure if version matters (I am using 1.5.6.2) Try it and see!

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply! :)

Don't know if I'm just slow today but I can't get it to work completely. If I keep the On sale manufacturer in the Unselected box, I don't get a discount for On Sale products. So far so good. But what doesn't work is discounts for other products. Since my regular priced products don't have a Manufacturer they are not affected by the cart rule and should therefore not work. Right?

Using 1.5.6.2 as well.

Edited by yay (see edit history)

hi Yay,

I checked further.

Of course, it's a bit strange.

When i look at the Manufacturers tab, i see a whole list of manufacturers.

But when i go to a Product's Association Tab, the Manufacturer is blank.

I created a new manufacturer called "On Sale" and select.  My other products still have a blank for manufacturer.

When i set up the cart rule, I add all the manufacturers for the condition and then remove the "On Sale" manufacturer.

Then it works.

Check to see if you have any Manufacturers on the Catalog > Manufacturers tab.  If so, they should appear in the cart rules, and you can make this work.

If not, maybe you will have to create them... my list of manufacturers simply corresponds to the Brand name of the product.

I will keep investigating on my end, but it seems to have worked for the Cyber Monday Deal that I set up.

Worst case, you will have to create a list of manufacturers (or maybe just the on sale and not on sale).

Ok checked the database.

My ps_products table shows id_manufacturer from 1 to 73.

The ones that I put "On Sale" are #73.

Check your table.  If they are all #1, make "Not on Sale" #1 then create the "On Sale" as #2 (or whatever the system generates)

If they are all zero, then create #1 and change them to #1, then change the On Sale ones to #2 (or whatever the system generates)

Good luck!

Thanks again for taking the time. Might look into automating this solution. Editing all id_manufacturer to a "Not on sale" manufacturer in the database is done in a jiffy but then again it's easy to forget to add the "Not on sale" manufacturer to all new products. 

Maybe it would be easiest to add some SQL trigger that adds the "Not on sale" manufacturer to all new products and then adds the "On sale" manufacturer to all products that get a specific price or has the On sale checkbox active.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

i'm using 1.6.0.14 and I cant' get this to work. Has anyone has some solution for this.

I don't use vouchers, coupons etc... I'm using customer group discount for every customer with his own customer group.

All I need is to don't get group discount for products marked ON SALE.

Is this possible somehow? Please; I need help ASAP!!!

thnx

Edited by Danijelp (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It's working for me fine, it does not include discount to the products what are already on sale. 

But i have another issue a bit different.

I would need to apply the same price rule / discount to all products (which are on sale and which are not) and to apply a discount from a base price.

So let say: one product i have with 10 %, 2nd 15%discount  and i want now 30% to all.

Normally would take 30% from already 10%/15% discounted product, with above mentioned code it does not take at all. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance..

• 1 month later...

try this I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9 it will remove the sale items from the discount computation

In CartRule.php find this if statement code 

// Discount (%) on the selection of products
if ($this->reduction_percent && $this->reduction_product == -2)

and replace it with this code

{
$selected_products_reduction = 0;
$selected_products = $this->checkProductRestrictions($context, true);
if (is_array($selected_products))
if (in_array($product['id_product'].'-'.$product['id_product_attribute'], $selected_products)
|| in_array($product['id_product'].'-0', $selected_products))
{
if (!(Product::isDiscounted((int)$product['id_product']))){
$price = ($use_tax ? $product['price_wt'] : $product['price']);
$selected_products_reduction += $price * $product['cart_quantity'];
}
}
$reduction_value += $selected_products_reduction * $this->reduction_percent / 100;
}

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I'm using 1.6.1.1

the code on CartRule.php is:

// Discount (%) on a specific product
            if ($this->reduction_percent && $this->reduction_product > 0) {
                foreach ($package_products as $product) {
                    if ($product['id_product'] == $this->reduction_product) {
                        $reduction_value += ($use_tax ? $product['total_wt'] : $product['total']) * $this->reduction_percent / 100;
                    }
                }
            }

How do I edit to stop the use voucher of the products in discount?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

First sorry for my english.

the code used by dhada is only when I select products in the cart rules. If we have product with discounts, the cart rules action would be 'apply in the order', and modify cartRules.php:

// Discount (%) on the whole order
            if ($this->reduction_percent && $this->reduction_product == 0)
            {
                        }
                $reduction_value += $selected_products_reduction * $this->reduction_percent / 100;
            }

Im running presta 1.6.0.14 and as everyone else on this thread im having issues with this discount and voucher thing...

When i replace code:

{
					$order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT, $package), _PS_PRICE_COMPUTE_PRECISION_);

$reduction_value += $order_total * $this->reduction_percent / 100;
			}

with code:

{
                        }
            }

It gets working as far as function wise, but my theme get disorted... product image on product page and related products images get stretched somehow (actually just place for them gets stretched as you can see from following images)

I hope you guys have any solution to this.  :)

issue.png

and

issue2.png

Hi Dex!

It's very strange, the cartRule.php code only affects the cart, not the product page. Can you send the url?

Yeah i know that it shouldnt affect it, but somehow it does. This is random product url: http://dsbutik.si/kratke-obleke/170-modna-balonasta-obleka

But you wont see much there since i have returned it back to as it was while looking for solution. I couldnt leave it that way because this is live store.  :)

I will be gratefull for any tips and solutions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also running into this problem.

While the idea of post #28 might be a solution, it is limited. 

The cart rule condition 'product selection' or 'manufacturer selection' says:

The cart must contain at least  Product(s) matching the following rules: 

add.gif Add a rule concerning  -- Choose -- Products Attributes Categories Manufacturers Suppliers   

disabled.gif [Manufacturers] The product(s) are matching on of these choose.gifChoose

Which means that as soon as a product from an allowed selection/category is added to the cart, the whole cart will get the discount (in my case 15%). So even items that are already on sale, which I don't want to allow a double discount on, are treated as 'okay' since at least 1 product/category is correct under this condition.

I'm looking for a rule setup with EXCEPTIONS. A rule where you can say: all products, categories... except category/product A, B or C

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

Dose any one have a code to make the cart rule not include a specific catagory in the order total?

Jacob

Hey again.

Would somthing like

foreach ($package_products as $product) {
	if ($product['category=1']) {
		if ($use_tax) 
                      $order_total -= Tools::ps_round($product['total_wt'],2);
		else
                      $order_total -= Tools::ps_round($product['total'],2); } }

Work?

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for a great help!! Post #13 works perfectly for me. Plus I added a piece of code that disables my two products from the whole cart discount (gift vouchers). This is my code: 

if ($product['id_product'] == 45 || $product['id_product'] == 46) 

Hey Mouse1

it seems that I cant make your last code work. What version of prestashop do you use?

Edited by ramlov (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

For me the solution in post #13 works fine so far.  (PS v1.6.1.3)

I had just a little confusion about the position to add the code.

I looked like the solution should be in the previous foreach loop but actually is a new foreach loop --> so put the code after the ending bracket }    ;-)

foreach ($context->cart->getCartRules(CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT) as $cart_rule) {
    $order_total -= Tools::ps_round($cart_rule['obj']->getContextualValue($use_tax, $context, CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT, $package), _PS_PRICE_COMPUTE_PRECISION_);
}
// no discount for on sale products
	if($product['on_sale'])	$order_total -= $use_tax ? $product['total_wt'] : $product['total'];
Edited by Cas (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

my CartRule.php is more like this so i don't know where to insert the code or if it will work at all..

$reduction_value += $order_total * $this->reduction_percent / 100;
			}

• 1 month later...

This code

1. foreach ($package_products as $product)
  2. if($product['on_sale']) $order_total -= $use_tax ? $product['total_wt'] : $product['total'];

from post #52 works on PS 1.6.1.3 (although it makes no sense)

BUT ONLY for percent discounts....

It is not working if the discount is an amount :(

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys is there any solution how to count in cart how much products is in discount and how much products from the same cart is not in discount ? 

I need to use my function when there are only products in discount. so i need check if there are some products which are not in discount. 

Thanks.

Hi. I found (damn!) issue with this mod

When i add product that is disabled to use with Voucher and add him to cart i have correct info that voucher dont work with this product. But when i add product that is valid with this voucher the voucher works for both products (not only for the valid product but the disabled  too!!) :(

• 2 months later...

On PS 1.6.1.9 the solution #51 (https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/290274-disabling-discounts-cart-rules-to-items-already-on-sale/?p=2244540) worked GREAT! :)

- If I put an "On sale" product in cart, voucher does not apply
- If I put a regular price product, voucher works fine
- and most importantly, if I add two products, one discounted and one with full price, the discount is applied only to the full-priced one :) yay! :)

If you want to test the outcome, fiddle on the website: larysa.ro

A great solution indeed! Maybe PS could use it for a future feature?

The only (small) drawback is that the client is not being notified that his voucher was not applied. It just does not appear in summary.

But all in all it works great!

Many thanks, guys.

• 1 month later...

I can't get this to work in 1.6.1.11 I have tried numerous ways to get this to work and can't, even built an overide and a plugin fix based off of the plugin suggested to no avail. What's more annoying is we have tons of experience in presta shop but this seems to baffle everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

try this I'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9 it will remove the sale items from the discount computation

In CartRule.php find this if statement code 

and replace it with this code

{
$selected_products = $this->checkProductRestrictions($context, true);
if (is_array($selected_products))
if (in_array($product['id_product'].'-'.$product['id_product_attribute'], $selected_products)
|| in_array($product['id_product'].'-0', $selected_products))
{
}
}
}

This solution works on 1.6.0.4 but does anyone know how to show information to the customer that vouchers cannot be applied for already discounted products?

Edited by hakeryk2 (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

For me the solution in post #13 works fine so far.  (PS v1.6.1.3)

I had just a little confusion about the position to add the code.

I looked like the solution should be in the previous foreach loop but actually is a new foreach loop --> so put the code after the ending bracket }    ;-)

foreach ($context->cart->getCartRules(CartRule::FILTER_ACTION_GIFT) as $cart_rule) {
}
// no discount for on sale products
	if($product['on_sale'])	$order_total -= $use_tax ? $product['total_wt'] : $product['total'];

I regret to resurrect this thread but even though the solution at post #51 worked great (been using it on all my shops for a while now) it seems we have a problem :(

I use a special "SALE" category where I associate all my reduced products. This is because Prestashop lacks ANOTHER very basic feature, which is product filtering on the dynamically generated "prices-drop" page. So I have to use a SALE category instead :( Not nice, PS, not nice.

Anyhow, the problem I ran into today is that if a product is both associated with the SALE category AND it's regular category, the the (fixed amount) voucher code gets applied in cart, even if I have it set up not to.

If I deselect it's regular category and leave checked only the SALE one, the voucher gets rejected (with warning and all) on the order page.

Thing is, I don't want to be forced to keep all my products that are on sale ISOLATED in a specific category!

As far as I can understand from the mods in post #51, it checks for reduced price and not for category association, therefore it shouldn't be doing this kind of trickery :)

Any ideas? [Feel free to test this on the live site (condurbyalexandru.com)]

Edited by Attrexx (see edit history)