[Solved] Transfer from Shared to VPS blank page

Sorry, just going to cancel as the support has been terrible from them.

From what I have been reading I shouldn't need a VPS anyway as we are a very low traffic site.

www.fazex.co.uk using PS 1.5.4.1.  Just pointed my DNS from the shared hosting to VPS so it may take a couple of minutes for the problem to occur if the site loads fine for you.

My site was running pretty slow so my host (123-reg) told me updating to VPS would solve all my speed issues.  I have now updated, transferred all of my files over, transferred over my database and updated my database information so it is pointing to the correct server etc.

Now when you go to any page on the website all you get is a blank page.

It doesn't look like I can get any help from my host on this, they have basically just told me I need to fix it myself now I have changed to VPS (although I didn't know I wouldn't get any help at all when I upgraded, I was told very little).

I would be grateful for any help.  I've just been told if I transfer my files and database it should work fine...but clearly it isn't and I have no idea what to do!  And I don't exactly want my site to be offline with the run up to Christmas.

Thanks folks. 

Edited by Emzo (see edit history)
  • Like 1