Product release date

Is there a way to add a product release date?

I think that it should be a great feature to be able to set different dates for adding and releasing a product. Also, the time while a product is considered as new should be related with the release date.

There are many product types where it could be very usefull: books, DVD, songs...

Thank you!

(Sorry for my english!)

hello

you want only simple new field "release date" or field with some kind of features? for example:

- if release date has not been exceeded: product should be invisible

?

Yes, it could be a nice feature as an option.

I also would like to display a tag like "coming soon" instead of "new product".

An other feature I would like is to be able to display an approximate date of availability. I often have to announce a new product to be released without knowing the exact day or even month. It is the same thing for all my new products and to edit all this manually needs a lot of work.

Also sometimes I have to add a product in my store that is not a new product. I mean that the release date was before I got it in the store. In that case, I would like not to display the "new product" tag or maybe display a "new in store" tag.

So it would be great to be able to manage something like these availability states:

• Coming soon but invisible (until the publishing date)
  • Coming soon and visible (from the publishing date to the release date)
  • New product (from the release date and x days after)
  • New in store but not a new product (when the release date is before the add to store date)
Edited by Babluit (see edit history)