The following module(s) could not be loaded::

When i do anything in the the version off prestashop i can the follow message below.

The following module(s) could not be loaded::
  1. All of your modules cannot be loaded due to memory limit restrictions. Please increase your memory_limit value via your server's configuration settings.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home2/pampered/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php on line 695
[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_templateparser:
Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes)

What do i need to do to fix this issue.

Thank you

if you have access to your php.ini you can increase your max_memory limit.

your's is set at 64mb...you may want to double that to 128mb

here is a nice blog on the subject...

http://blog.dh42.com/speed-prestashop-php-ini/

and here is a free module that will help you display the php memory_limit as well as tell you where you php.ini is located

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/278164-free-module-display-php-environment-13-14-15/

• 4 months later...

Hi, I am having the same issue but only on my local machine, I am development a custom theme before I implement anything online I am working on my local machine.
I have everything working fine on my dedicated server.

Something wrong on my local machine, I tried to change in PHP.ini in xampp directory also restarted xampp, apache but it doesn't work at all

PHP Version 5.2.5 memory_limit 32M 32M

I did was 128 MB but it stays default please advise.

--

Error I am getting is below whenever I to access Modules > Modules :S

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module smarty_internal_templateparser:
Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16 bytes)

Edited by RKCollection.pk (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the exact same problem.  I edited the php.ini file to show 128M, but prestashop still gives me the same error that I only have about 48M allocated for memory, which is the setting on my entire server.  It is not recognizing the change in the prestashop php.ini file.  As far as I can see, the error only occurs when I click on the "Modules" link.

My issue is on the server.  Mine is with the installation online. 

If you are facing issue on your server then contact your service provider if they don't change the limit then change the web hosting provider. If you are switching web hosting provider then make sure you inform them your requirments before going ahead, Being myself into web design I know how web hosting companies are, tons of hidden things you won't ever know unless you got your own dedicated server or web hosting.

If you require anymore advise please keep comments.

or you may catch me at my skype (mentioned below) anytime for any help required

rktalreja

No, there's no problem with my hosting provider.  I have total control over memory limits.  Problem is I don't want to increase the memory limit on the server level.  That would impact every web site I host.  I thought the php.ini file in the Prestashop installation was supposed to override server-wide settings and it's not.  I increased the memory limit in the Prestashop php.ini file and it makes no difference.  Prestashop isn't recognizing the change.  It appears to only acknowledge the server level php.ini file.  The question is why is Prestashop apparently ignoring the Prestashop php.ini file?

Edited by bmcdonald (see edit history)