Noob Alert: Canadian website looking for interac payment module

Noob Alert: We have a new canadian website looking for interac payment module with shipping as well

I see that alot of people are using the following

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/8016-moneris-canada.html

but it doesn't seem to support interac.... and i am confused on what the difference is with the other moneris module... 

What are my options?

I also need an easy to configure shipping module... i thought there was a canada post module... we need a shipping module that allows for free shipping over a certain amount and can calculate shipping within Canada

Hey Stryka,

You linked to my module so I feel I should answer that part of your question!

1. You are correct, it does not yet support Interac but that is a planned feature.

2. There are 3 Moneris modules on the addons store, and they each use a different service to process payments.

• The "Hosted PayPage" module redirects users to a secure checkout page on the Moneris server, and the user gets redirected back to your website once the checkout is complete. 
  • The "DirectPost" module lets users enter their credit card information on your web page, but it is considered a quick fix for developers with not a lot of implementation time. From the Moneris developer website:
  • The eSelectPlus Direct Post integration method allows the merchant to process transactions via an HTTPS post directly to Moneris.  This solution was designed for merchants who do not wish to or are unable to install the necessary components for one of the API integration solutions. 
  • The Moneris Canada module uses the sturdier and more secure Moneris API Integration approach. It also lets your customers enter their info on your web page. It has real-time input validation and supports Verified By Visa and MasterCard SecureCode.

Hopefully that should clear things up for you. If you have any questions, let me know!

Ahh... ok.. that is a nice differentiator.

You should add that description to the Canada details.. its seems like a forgotten item or a mistake... but i assume it works

What is needed by the prestashop merchant to setup? WHere do i find out about processing fees/charges that will be incurred?

Yes, it will also accept Discover if you have that on your account as well.

Can you send me a pre-sale PDF with instructions on what i need to get this working? Or let me know the following

Do i need to create an account with Moneris?

Is there a period of time for approval?

Do i need a certificate on my site?

Does Moneris list their fees somewhere?

Can you send me a pre-sale PDF with instructions on what i need to get this working? Or let me know the following

Do i need to create an account with Moneris?

Is there a period of time for approval?

Do i need a certificate on my site?

Does Moneris list their fees somewhere?

1. You need to create an account with Moneris. You have to call them and they will examine your website and determine if it is secure enough, if it has the required credit card logos near the bottom and other criteria. New and small businesses usually have an easier time to sign up.

2. Approval usually happens directly after that phone call.

3. If you want to accept credit cards directly on your website, you need an SSL certificate. You can put this aside for now and use my free Moneris Hosted PayPage module found here:

http://zackmedia.ca/downloads/prestashop-module-moneris-hosted-paypage/ (yes, Prestashop charges almost $300 for the same thing).

4. They do not list their transaction fees. This is likely because every merchant will have different fees based on their business evaluation (during the phone call). You can ask these questions to your customer service rep. I believe there is a minimum of $10 per month if you do not surpass that amount in transactions.