Store not showing up properly

Help pls! :-(

My store shopping cart wasn't working at first. Every time I tried to add something to my cart it wouldn't update and told me my cart was empty. I tried to figure out what the problem was and thought maybe because I hadn't filled in the info for the PS directory under preferences, it wasn't going to work. After inputting what I thought my PS directory was and saving it, now my store just shows up with no graphics or anything. I tried to delete the PS directory info I had put in, but every time I try and save it, it tells me this:

Not Found
The requested URL /home/crochetz/public_html/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

:and now won't allow me to fix my mistake.

Can someone help me pls? I have no idea what to do.

Zuleika

Yes! that worked! Thanks so much.

Now, is it important to fill in the space for PS directory? Because I'm scared I may get it wrong again. :-)

Also, is this where I ask about what's wrong with my shopping cart. It won't allow me to add anything to it, and continuously tells me my cart is empty when I try and add items to it.

thank you!

the PS directory setting is for HTTP protocol, not inter-server communication. So, if your directory on the server is /yourName/public_html/prestashop/ , the HTTP directory would be /prestashop/ . Do you see how that works? If you are confused, just ask a question and I will reply to the best of my ability.