Error While Trying to Install PrestaShop

Hi:

I've been using OpenCart as my e-commerce solution and then I saw a demo of PrestaShop. I really liked what I saw.

So I downloaded the latest package from the PrestaShop site.

I unzipped the package into an empty directory called PrestaShop, opened my browser and pointed it to /localhost/PrestaShop/ and the install script started up.

I the continued on to set up the shop information, my email, MySQL with database set to PrestaShop and the host as localhost.

After I clicked on continue the installation process started. However when it started to configure the shop information at 45% of the installation process it crashed with an unknown error.

I choose to restart the installation process by clicking on the restart installation link at the bottom and this time it crashed as 23% of completion with the error message >>Cannot Install Language "English (English)"<<. At least this error message tells me that you can't install over another installation without first deleting the language files or probably just the English file.

I've even redownloaded the package in case the first package was corrupt but I get the same results.

My information for the installation is as follows:

• host:  localhost or 127.0.0.1:80
  • PHP version: 5.4.9
  • MySQL Version: 5.0.10
  • MySQL Port:  3306
  • XAMPP Version:  3.2.1

If someone could offer me some help in getting PrestaShop to work I'd really appreciate because I just want to run it on my local machine before actually deploying to a server (or starting my own server).

Thanks in advance.