Setting up Customer Services functionality

Hi There,

This is my first Prestashop and so far so good but I'm having a bit of trouble with the Customer Services section.

The main problem is that all email is being sent from the Customer Services section shows either "u" or "r" for the sender name instead of the shop name. The email address is correct but obviously it is a bit confusing for the customer. I've read that this is something to do with the mail setup on the server but the solution involved hacking some of the core php files so I'd prefer not to go down this road.

Does anyone know a solution to show the Shop Name as the sender of these emails?

A lesser problem but in the same area is that I'm trying to configure IMAP for the Customer Services but when I click "sync" I get the error: "imap is not installed on this server". Am I missing a required extension or something on the server? Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Olly

FYI I have found an alternate hack for problem 1. In /classes/AdminCustomerThreadsController.php you can amend line 404:

comment out this:

//$from_name = $contact->name;

add this:
$from_name = $this->context->shop->name;

It's a dirty hack but it does acheive the desired functionality.

Still no closer to figuring out the IMAP problem though so any suggestions (or a better fix for the one above) would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Olly

Okay I think I'm  okay now.

For the IMAP thing you need php_imap extension on the server, details here:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/imap.setup.php

Ask you administrator to enable this for you on the server (or follow the instructions in the thread to install it yourself).

If anyone has a better solution for the customer services sender name then I would love to here it but for now I can muddle through with this.

Cheers,

Olly