my cart dont show products name[solved]

somehow i add items from Featured products and when i move the mouse to the cart, this dont show products name, only ..., but if you refresh the web, the name appears, i restarted, deactived reactived, and unninstalled reinstalled the addon, but havent resolved this, anyone know something about this? or where could be the problem? 

i replaced the blockcart.tpl from /theme/..../modules/... with the original one but the problem persist...

my web is www.duquesachina.com

Edited by haochen (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hmm, looks like it cannot find th correct translation directly. When changing the language to another (and back), the names are shown (partly, with ... at the end as the name is abbreviated because it doesn't fit fully)

Maybe check if reinstalling the language block helps, or taking the language block from the default theme.

Did you try to use the full default theme? did it work there as normal, or did the default theme also give these problems?

Which PrestaShop version do you use?

pascal

hello, im using 1.5.6 PS, but the products i added importing .csv why there is relation with translate? i just deleted the two translations from Spanish that has my web, but seems the problem persist. Do you mean replace /lang/ folder from my theme folder really? i planned making a subdomain and test with default theme again, but i nearly sure that this doesnt happens 

pd: i just tested replacing the original /lang/ from /theme/ and it seems dont taking effect.... i added left column cart hook, if you see, if i add an item this dont show anything but show the item cost that has been added, and after refreshing, it shows ....

pd: just made www.duquesachina.com/prueba ,i added "add to cart" button and seems it runs well

Edited by haochen (see edit history)

Hi Haochen,

Not sure WHERE it goes wrong, only noticed that after changing the language in front office, the names appeared. Now we have to find out why and where it goes wrong ...

N.B. in your last comment, do you mean it now goes well??

pascal

after re-installing PS 1.5.6 4 times i discovered why products names appears as "..." on the cart, the product name only can be 12 letters "123456789012", if the name is "1234567890123" it shows as "..." on the cart if you dont refresh the page. there is any solution?

haochen,

you can download older versions here:

http://www.prestashop.com/en/developers-versions

to fix it quickly, edit /modules/blockcart/blockcart.js (As always, make backup before editing anything)

around line 452 you find this code. Add/replace with red line

if ($('#cart_block_product_'+ domIdProduct).length == 0)
{
 var productId = parseInt(this.id);
 var productAttributeId = (this.hasAttributes ? parseInt(this.attributes) : 0);
 var content =  '<dt class="hidden" id="cart_block_product_' + domIdProduct + '">';
 content += '<span class="quantity-formated"><span class="quantity">' + this.quantity + '</span>x</span>';
 // var min = this.name.indexOf(';', 10);
 var name = (this.name.length > 12 ? this.name.substring(0, 10) + '...' : this.name);
 content += '<a href="' + this.link + '" title="' + this.name + '" class="cart_block_product_name">' + name + '</a>';

That does the trick.

pascal
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...