Showing products only for specific languages?

AndriusS

I am not aware of such module at the moment (but anyone correct me if I am wrong), so the way I'd go would be to setup a multistore faking the language url, and allow only one language per store. Then, you would setup a fake language block which points to the other site instead of changing language (with links, basically, which point to the other store)

• Thanks 1

I ended up hardcoding the function to my site.

Might as well share it. Not the best code but it works fine (at least, for now!).

AdminProductsController.php :

private function updateProductShowByLang($product_id){
		$sql = 'DELETE FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_show_by_lang` WHERE `product_id` = '.$product_id;
		@Db::getInstance()->Execute($sql);
		foreach($_POST['show_by_lang'] as $lang_id){
			$sql = 'INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_show_by_lang` SET `product_id` = '.$product_id.', lang_id = '.$lang_id;
			@Db::getInstance()->Execute($sql);
		}
	}

Product.php :

public static function getProductShows($product_id){
		$productShows = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('SELECT `lang_id` FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_show_by_lang` WHERE `product_id` ='.$product_id); 
		$list = array();
		foreach($productShows as $show){
			$list[] = $show['lang_id'];
		}
		return $list;

}
	public static function getProductShowsDefLang($product_id,$lang_id){
		$productShows = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS('SELECT `lang_id` FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_show_by_lang` WHERE `product_id` ='.$product_id.' AND `lang_id` ='.$lang_id); 
		return sizeof($productShows)?false:true;
	}

Now, for the Back Office (adding/updating product).

Using this:

$this->updateProductShowByLang($object->id);

After the checking is complete. So I mostly winged it and added it to submitAddproduct() (messed up camel case function name :wacko: ) after Hook::updateProduct($object); and Hook::addProduct($object);

Once we are done with the back-end stuff, we add it to out product view, the initFormInformations() in AdminProductsController.php (I just added it to the start of the function):

// Assigning for "show only in languages..."
            $productShows = array();
            if($product->id)
                $productShows = Product::getProductShows($product->id);
                $table = "";
                $table .= '		<tr><td colspan="2"><hr style="width:100%;" />'.$this->l('Shows only in these languages:').'</td></tr>';
		foreach ($this->_languages as $language){
			$table .= '<tr><td>'.$language['name'].'</td><td><input '.(in_array($language['id_lang'],$productShows) || !sizeof($productShows)?'checked="checked"':'').' type="checkbox" name="show_by_lang[]" value="'.$language['id_lang'].'" /></td></tr>';
		}
		$table .='		<tr><td colspan="2"><hr style="width:100%;" /></td></tr>';
                $table .= "";
                $this->context->smarty->assign(array(
                        "productShowsTable" => $table,

));

Now, for the Front Office...

Edited ProductController.php, init():

if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($this->product))

to

if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($this->product) || Product::getProductShowsDefLang($this->product->id,intval($this->context->cookie->id_lang)))

And then, the category view only needs a fix for the query. File Category.php, the function is getProducts(), before:

WHERE product_shop.`id_shop` =...

added:

INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_show_by_lang` sbl ON (p.`id_product` = sbl.`product_id` AND sbl.`lang_id` = '.(int)$id_lang.')

For the MySQL part, you obviously need to create the table 'product_show_by_lang' with product_id and lang_id as integers.

After it's all done, the only thing left to do is to add it to a template. So, I used informations.tpl like this:

<table style="float:right;margin-right: 100px; background-color: white;padding: 10px;">
                    {$productShowsTable}
                </table>

Wherever it works. I just added it after the Tags.

I hope, I'm not forgetting anything as I'm doing it after I'm done with it.

Edited by AndriusS (see edit history)