Product image upload issues

Hi all,

I have been recently having issues with image uploads. when I initially entered products I had no issues. I think it may only be since updating to 1.5 however I have sometimes been able to add images even after the update.

There seems to be a couple of issues and not sure if related.

1. quite often I click on the "upload an image" button the popup wont open allowing the image up loader. Initially when I had the issues it was with IE so I used firefox instead and it worked. However I have also had the issues with firefox. It is quite frequent. sometimes the browser seems to freeze when it happens but not always.

2. when I get the up loader window open, I hove now had issues uploading the image. it just sits there and wont upload. when I try to exit that page it says that the page is uploading the image and do I really want to exit. If I leave it, it wont upload. if I leave it just places a ? in the image place. Quite often it won't even say its uploading on exit and next time I enter it has the same ? in place of image. I have tried different image formats (jpg, gif, png) and none of them work. The file size is also within noted max.

This is really a pain now. If anyone has had the same issue and could help I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I searched the forum and found there are several posts on image uploading issue, mainly for 1.5.0 & 1.5.6 version. I read two of them and both are talking abou the "undefined" error. This one has a feasible image displaying solution, hope it can help you a little.

"

Try change js/fileuploader.js line 1075 to 

xhr.setRequestHeader("Content-Type", "application/octet-stream");
 xhr.setRequestHeader("processData", false);

its work for me."

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...