[SOLVED]Submit button not working when making new account.

Hi,

One of my customers reported that he cannot make new account on my website due to submit button not working on this page: http://dekom.co.rs/prijava-lozinkm-na-sajt?back=my-account

He enters email address but button is not reacting when he click on it. I tried my self from FireFox, IE and Chrome but it is not working indeed. 

The other form (when some one is purchasing a product) is working but not on this page.

Any suggestions how to fix the issue?

Thanks
Dean

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)

_PS_THEME_DIR_.'authentication.tpl

<form action="{$link->getPageLink('authentication', true)|escape:'html'}" method="post" id="create-account_form" class="std">
		<fieldset>
			<h3>{l s='Create an account'}</h3>
			<div class="form_content clearfix">
				<p class="title_block">{l s='Please enter your email address to create an account.'}</p>
				<div class="error" id="create_account_error" style="display:none"></div>
				<p class="text">
					<label for="email_create">{l s='Email address'}</label>
					<span><input type="text" id="email_create" name="email_create" value="{if isset($smarty.post.email_create)}{$smarty.post.email_create|stripslashes}{/if}" class="account_input" /></span>
				</p>
				<p class="submit">
					{if isset($back)}<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="back" value="{$back|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" />{/if}
					<input type="submit" id="SubmitCreate" name="SubmitCreate" class="button_large" value="{l s='Create an account'}" />
					<input type="hidden" class="hidden" name="SubmitCreate" value="{l s='Create an account'}" />
				</p>
			</div>
		</fieldset>
	</form>

• Like 1

It is isn't it... Well my specialty is to find all kind of weird behavior in PS  B)

It is possible that this become an issue after newest browser updates... I know both FF and Chrome had update just recently.

that's not it....it's not browser specific...

(unless the file was updated after theme install) this is a specific theme problem.

• 3 months later...

Disabling CCC for Java rectified the issue for me.  The alternative is restarting the Apache server.  After service httpd restart, everything works ok for a while... then auto search and clicking on create an account button fails randomly.  There are no errors in my apache logs.  Running theme THRg000 and presta 1.5.6.2

Change the buttom type to submit helps the create account buttom, however does rectify the auto search problem.

Any comments would be great...

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for shearing but this method of restarting the Apache server works only on VPS and dedicated hosing and not for the people whos Prestashop websites are on the shared hosting.

Nevertheless thank you for your feedback.

Cheers

Restarting Apache is definitely not the answer, but also alleviated the problem.  I mentioned this because it could be server related.  In the mean time... i have increased my server APC cache from 64mb to 128MB and also defined a ttl of 60.  So far so good.  Have re-enabled CCC, still no problem.

Keeping an eye out though...

• 2 years later...