PayPal not showing as a payment option

I am using the current Prestashop 1.5.6.0 and I cannot get the basic PayPal (1.2.6) module to connect to PayPal.  It is properly configured with my PayPal API info, but it does not show in the Payment section of my site.

It appears to be going through PayPal, but payment is not being completed and returns to the final payment page after "processing" payment through PayPal.

Edited by dalich (see edit history)

I am having the same problem but when I pull up the hooks.php to do the fix referenced I do not have that same code on those lines in my file. PayPal is the only payment method I am allowing and have configured. In the checkout it just says No Payment Method is available.

I just got it working, I found the answer here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/266022-paypal-usa-canada-121-not-showing-in-checkout/page-2?hl=%20paypal%20%20not%20%20showing%20%20payment

Guys, since I solved this with my store, and I see you are having a hard time with this, I created a new store from scratch to find out how to solve it.

Follow this steps EXACTLY:

1.- Go to Modules - Payment, select Paypal modulo (configure) so you can see Paypal Admin Settings.

2.-On: 

Which PayPal Product(s) would you like to enable?

2.1: Select Paypal Payments Advanced (yes even if you don't have advanced) and click Enable Selected Products.

2.2: Select Paypal Payments Standard and click again Enable Selected Products.

2.3: Select Checkbox for Paypal Express Checkout, and once again click Enable Selected Products.

Refresh your cart, and you will see the paypal button.

Doing this steps overwrites the options, so yes this is a bug and I don't know why it hasn't been solved.

Another things to consider in case the above doesn't work:

Add Euro currency

Import French language on Localization/Translations

Check Paypal is Enabled in ALL COUNTRIES on Modules - Payment (yes even if the module says canada,usa and mexico only)

Check Euro and Dollar are enabled on Modules - Payment

Like I said, I fixed this issue again for you guys with a brand new prestashop 1.5.5 instance, so please follow the above steps and you should fix it too.

I just got it working, I found the answer here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/266022-paypal-usa-canada-121-not-showing-in-checkout/page-2?hl=%20paypal%20%20not%20%20showing%20%20payment

Guys, since I solved this with my store, and I see you are having a hard time with this, I created a new store from scratch to find out how to solve it.

Follow this steps EXACTLY:

1.- Go to Modules - Payment, select Paypal modulo (configure) so you can see Paypal Admin Settings.

2.-On: 

Which PayPal Product(s) would you like to enable?

2.1: Select Paypal Payments Advanced (yes even if you don't have advanced) and click Enable Selected Products.

2.2: Select Paypal Payments Standard and click again Enable Selected Products.

2.3: Select Checkbox for Paypal Express Checkout, and once again click Enable Selected Products.

Refresh your cart, and you will see the paypal button.

Doing this steps overwrites the options, so yes this is a bug and I don't know why it hasn't been solved.

Another things to consider in case the above doesn't work:

Add Euro currency

Import French language on Localization/Translations

Check Paypal is Enabled in ALL COUNTRIES on Modules - Payment (yes even if the module says canada,usa and mexico only)

Check Euro and Dollar are enabled on Modules - Payment

Like I said, I fixed this issue again for you guys with a brand new prestashop 1.5.5 instance, so please follow the above steps and you should fix it too.

That is the work around fix, however, with the GitHub fix here, https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/768/files

It would be a more permanent solution.