Paypal Pro not working PS 1..5.4.1 PP 3.6

Supermanzo

Hello,

i have already contacted paypal but they say it's all related to prestashop and won't give me any support.

Prestashop version is 1.5.4.1, paypal version is 3.6

I have these 2 problems:

1. With paypal pro enabled, payments are processed but orders do not appear in backoffice

2. If in the cart there is a voucher with a discount, paypal pro iframe becomes an error reporting that there was a problem with product prices.

I really need help here, i don't know how to solve this because there is not really any resource to look into to understand what happens.

If i use paypal in the default mode (website payments) and it redirects to external gateway, it works fine

Hello,

i did many tests. Environment is prestashop 1.5.4.1 (i also tried in a 1.5.6 environment) and paypal europe module 3.6.1.

Single currency and single tax. Paypal set as paypal pro, set in module configuration paypal pro, live

this too but no solution.

Here is the problem:

- If the cart is without specific price reduction or voucher payments appear to be processed correctly, Iframe behaves properly. Confirmation is right both in paypal iframe and in prestashop redirect and order appears in backoffice. Seems fine without voucher and price reductions

- If in the cart there is a voucher the behaviour is the same as above, but after the paypal confirmation in iframe (that is correct) when redirected to prestashop order confirmation gives the error: 1. An error occurred while processing payment

The order is created in backoffice with status payment error, and paypal leaves a message: Price paid on paypal is not the same that on PrestaShop.

- If the voucher covers the product cost completely so it costs 0 (i have loyalty program and one can accumulate point that cover the entire price of the product), the behaviour is still the same, but the error is 1043 directly in the iframe and payment is not processed.

There should be a transaction with the shipment only.

If i use paypal without the pro, with the web payment option, everything works fine without problems. This happens only when is set in paypal pro mode.

I don't understand if it is related to : rounding, taxes, both. The only resource i found really related is the post above, but it doesnt give any solution to me.

Update:

I checked the amounts and payments comparing with paypal and i found out that the way vouchers are processed is different in standard paypal mode and in pro/iframe mode.

In paypal standard mode (that works correctly) you have /Item + /Shipment - /Voucher (negative value)  as 3 different elements

In paypal pro iframe mode (that doesnt work) you have /ITEM +  /Shipment

where /ITEM is /Item - /Voucher

I guess that voucher in this way will never work, because when checking back with presta the price of the item is different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Benjamin, I had the same issue with Paypal Europe v3.6.1 module running on PS 1.5.6, even after being applied the fix you mentioned on classes/Hook.php

I did many tests, and no matter what, checking out through Paypal when there's a voucher in the cart always results in a blank screen. Order is being generated, but customer sees nothing but the blank screen.

Any ideas to make usable paypal payments on PS 1.5.6?

Thanks for your support!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i use paypal pro module that i bought for 199. it works ok ,but it does not send the customer email and shipping address to my paypal back office. When i look in my paypal back office all i see is the amount charged and the customer name,. how do i fix this i need the email adress as well as the shipping address to be send with thorder to my paypal backoffice. Please help.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE 3.6.3:

I did run some tests on 3.6.3 and there has been an improve:

The bug previously reported with vouchers are fixed, only one of them still behaves the same:

"If the voucher covers the product cost completely so it costs 0 (i have loyalty program and one can accumulate point that cover the entire price of the product), the behaviour is still the same, but the error is 1043 directly in the iframe and payment is not processed.
There should be a transaction with the shipment only."

The rest now works fine, i did some tests with vouchers, free shipment, discount on shipment, discounted products. Everything seemed right and all tests were without any problem.

If you can take care of the Voucher covering the full price of the item, finally the paypal pro module can do everything the other payment modules do.and i can use it. Please take notice that this is still an extremely urgent matter. A lot of people uses vouchers that can cover the full price of products, and a lot of people uses paypal as payment. I am paying a monthly fee to Paypal for the pro service which i cannot use due to this bug.