[SOLVED] CMS Block Configuration

Hello everyone!

I'm relatively new to Prestashop. I've got my whole site set up for the most part, my biggest problem now is that I am SO confused when it comes to the CMS blocks and their subcategories. I'm trying to organize my pages and I keep confusing myself. Could someone help me "map" out how these work and how I could use them to my advantage? 

Down the left side, I want:

Manufacturers

Example 1

Example 2

E-Liquid

Example 3

Example 4

Accessories

Across the blocktopmenu I want:

Home (no drop-down menu, literally just a link back to Home)

Info (not the information used in prestashop, just a page called info that I'll use with my own content)

About Us

Contact Us

Blog? (Haven't decided on this yet)

In the footer, I want:

Terms and Conditions

Shipping & Returns

Sitemap

-Is it safe to assume that all bolded headings in the blocktopmenu will be their own CMS blocks? For instance, with "Info", should I just create a new one and edit it with what I want? I think if I do that I have to choose "CMS content", which I won't have any for that page.

-How do I get the footer links into the footer without these links being included in a block?

-Manufacturers will take care of itself by the info I put in when I add products, but how can I add custom categories for E-Liquid and Accessories?

-How do I get the drop-down menu off the "Home" link on the blocktopmenu?

I'm really sorry for all the questions but as you can see, I am LOST! Funny I'm cool styling the whole thing from memory when I haven't done it in years, then give me some content and I'm worthless lol.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer and if anyone knows of some kind of chart I can refer to for an example of the hierarchy of these CMS categories I would be grateful!!!!!

Edited by ktperko08 (see edit history)

please follow forum rules and ask only one question per topic, it's hard to reply to many questions in one topic.

Across the blocktopmenu I want:

Home (no drop-down menu, literally just a link back to Home)

Info (not the information used in prestashop, just a page called info that I'll use with my own content)

About Us

Contact Us

Blog? (Haven't decided on this yet)

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/270183-solved-changing-the-home-top-row-top-horizontal-menu-elements/

just remove "home" from right window, then create new link named "home" (scroll page down you will see field to define new links)

and then - add it to the menu.

• Like 1

Perhaps some of these tutorials can clarify things... I agree that it's confusing and counter-intuitive at times.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/194700-free-tutorial-series-prestashop-101/

Thanks so much! This answered most of my questions and some questions I didn't know I had! This guy is good!  :D

please follow forum rules and ask only one question per topic, it's hard to reply to many questions in one topic.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/270183-solved-changing-the-home-top-row-top-horizontal-menu-elements/

just remove "home" from right window, then create new link named "home" (scroll page down you will see field to define new links)

and then - add it to the menu.

My apologies for all the questions; I asked one and then another popped in my head and then another! I'll try to keep my ADD in check next time!  :blink:

You also helped answer my other questions. Many thanks!