• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Your tutorials are fantsatic - really!!! :) It is people like yourself that make the internet what it should be for all who use it - a learning environment.

Basically I don't know if i would have had the patience to learn how to use the software if it wasn't for these simple to follow tutorials. I'm sure i will still need much assistance to get to where I would like to be in discovering the full range of features available through Prestashop but this series is most definitely a must watch for newcomers.

Two thumbs up to a job well done Nemo.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have added 2 cart rules in the BO, that are not affected by any client group:

a. minimum amount 500 euro, a discount of 5% applies. This cart has priority 2.

b. minimum amount 1000 euro, a discount of 10% applies. This cart has priority 1.

This rules are uncombinable.

In front office works fine.

When I add the order from BO:

- if the value of first line (product) from the order is above 501 euro rules a. applies;

- if the value of first line (product) from the order is NOT above 501 euro rule a. does not apply when the order reaches 501 euro.

Furthermore, If I continue to add products and the order is above 1001 euro, rules b. should apply, but DOES NOT.

Can you please check to see if you have the same problem ?

For me it is an extremely important issue because I am not the only one adding orders.

My version is: 1.5.4.

Edited by longip (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Nemo, 
I want to thank you sooo much for your tutorials. Been watching the ones for 1.5 which are fine for 1.6. Without your tutorials I would not have gotten this far. It makes learning about PS a pleasure!  Thank you thank you thank you!

I agree I think for me the most confusing thing at this early stage is the hooks.  

But thank you again. When I watch your videos I am filled with gratitude! :)

Hello my name is Marina.

I am a web designer and completely new in prestashop.

Your tutorials are a great help.

I am starting my own theme based on a ready one in order to have all the files.

The first thing I would like to ask you is about the css files.

The general is the global.css one and in the header is stated with the following code

"{if isset($css_files)}
    {foreach from=$css_files key=css_uri item=media}
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="{$css_uri}" type="text/css" media="{$media}" />
    {/foreach}
{/if}"

Is this correct?

Furthermore in a ready made template like the one you have in your site there are a number of css files like address.css, cart.css e.t.c. Could you tell me in which .tpl are these css files added?

I hope I was clear enough.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards

Marina

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

my prestashop is 1.4.6.2 version. Can I use your tutorials the same way? Because I really need to upgrade now, but I am too afraid of a disaster for the already operational e-shop. I am a good user not a developer.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have added 2 cart rules in the BO, that are not affected by any client group:

a. minimum amount 500 euro, a discount of 5% applies. This cart has priority 2.

b. minimum amount 1000 euro, a discount of 10% applies. This cart has priority 1.

This rules are uncombinable.

In front office works fine.

When I add the order from BO:

- if the value of first line (product) from the order is above 501 euro rules a. applies;

- if the value of first line (product) from the order is NOT above 501 euro rule a. does not apply when the order reaches 501 euro.

Furthermore, If I continue to add products and the order is above 1001 euro, rules b. should apply, but DOES NOT.

Can you please check to see if you have the same problem ?

For me it is an extremely important issue because I am not the only one adding orders.

My version is: 1.5.4.

Are you aware of to create one order and apply to a group of users?  We have a wine club and they are in the "Wine Club" group.  Twice a year, we send them their "package" - all members get the same wine for the same price.  I would like to create one order and apply to this group with hopefully a few clicks.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Nemo,

Your guidance is fantastic mate!

I have a query if you could help, I would like to set Maximum quantity per customer per product. For example: one customer cannot buy more than 7 items from same product!

Any solution!?? Btw keep up the great work,

Cheers.

Chirag Pandya

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I don't know how to have my products random on Homepage.

I made the selection from Modules, but it allows me to select only one category where the products are displayed from and there are always the same products in the same order.

Is it possible to have the products on Homepage random from all categories?

And if not, at least to be different products every time?

Thank you so much

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations for your work nemo.

I would like to make a question if possible,

I do many translations on modules in the core. However for no aparent reazon, when i make some change it creates automaticly the translations in the theme/module/translations or mails and assumes it!

Is this a bug from prestashop? It assumes first the translation in the theme and not in the module itself  translations and emails folders!

Where is the best way to translate emails?

Best regards and thanks for your time in advance

Marco

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It is NOT outdated.

There may be differences between PrestaShop versions in certain sections but this series, generously and painstakingly put together by NemoPS has helped us in extraordinary ways for a wide variety of issues.

These tutorial videos, screenshots and explanations are, by far, the most comprehensive tutorials you can find in one place.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/15/2012 at 9:24 PM, NemoPS said:

Hi everybody.

Recently, I decided to record a series of video tutorials aimed to help who knows little about Prestashop in the process of learning and (hopefully) in the end mastering the software.

I hope this series will come in handy to anybody who just discovered the software, and also to who wants to learn more about it.

In this topic, I'll be posting new links as new lessons are published. Use this thread as reference to know which one is the latest

All lessons (last updated May 23, 2013)

Cheers!

thankx mate, you help me a lot

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...