Show Price With Tax in Product Details

Hello again everyone.

For those who followed my previous posts, i want to say, that, after a series of tests with no success, was decided to give up on the old project, that wasn't getting anywhere, and started a new shop, with Prestashop v.1.5.5.0, wich looks nicer, sharper, modern and awesome, if you ask me.

Now, we have yet another question, wich i think is a easier fix, that could make more sense maybe in our country:

At all products, is applied a tax by government, (in most cases 23%, could be 11% or 5% depending of type od products). So the price should be anounce either with final price (base price + tax), or base price with the information that at the product price  sould be applied a tax.

So, in the back office, in product configuration can be configured the base price, the tax price, and total,etc. All good.

The problem is, in the front office, public page, on the product details, the price showed is without tax and doesn't makes no reference to the taxes, which is your contry is considered to final price, misleading the costumers.

If someone could give us a hint, it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem was solved, but we weren't able to determine what the actual problem was.

But, maybe i can give some tips, in some issues that we found, that may lead you to the problem resolution:

- In Localization -> Taxes - You should configure the taxes to the country

- In Localization -> Tax Rules - You need to have the taxes configured for your country (normally, the taxes for a country are installed when you install a language package, but can be configured manually)

- In Catalog -> Products - In tax rule, you should configure the tax rule (one of the configured in Localization, Tax Rules)

- In Costumer -> Groups -

There are three types of groups:

Visitor

Costumer

In each one of the groups, you should edit, and configure the Price display method, wich can be tax included or tax excluded.

Note: We noticed a issue in our translation, wich was, the translation was switched. So, although in English was correct, in our language, tax excluded equivalent was actually tax included an vice versa. So, try change the back office to English, and verifiy the settings.

Hope it helps you,

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I can't believe I spent 3 hours deleting, creating taxes/tax rules and doing mass db updates to come to this. Yep, its the Customer groups setting that displays the front-end price with or without tax.... everything else I read and did, mentioned in other posts, had no effect

Thanks a lot cdaniel.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any option to display product price for some groups of customers (guests and visitors)  as "Tax included" and "Tax Excluded" - to show him both prices? 

Something like "Price display method, wich can be tax included or tax excluded  or  both: Tax Inclued and Tax Excluded "

If shop based in EU It is important to customers who is outside of EU to see the prices without tax, but it is not possible until they register and setup their address.

Is there any solution for it or any module?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

- In Costumer -> Groups -

There are three types of groups:

Visitor

Costumer

In each one of the groups, you should edit, and configure the Price display method, wich can be tax included or tax excluded.

Note: We noticed a issue in our translation, wich was, the translation was switched. So, although in English was correct, in our language, tax excluded equivalent was actually tax included an vice versa. So, try change the back office to English, and verifiy the settings.

Hope it helps you,

This did it for me. Thanks! :)

• Like 1