I have been making a local copy of my remote site for testing purposes.  I am not sure if I have the shop_url tables set correctly.  I can access the back office, but not the front.  The 'view shop' link from the BO goes to the google oops page, and when I try localhost/prestashop (which is the directory name I used for the prestashop program files in htdocs), it goes to the Xampp page instead of prestashop.  

Here is what I used set on the SEO & URLs page: shop domain (localhost), ssl domain (localhost), and base uri (/presatshop/).  Are those the right setting to use?  

I took the local shop out of maintenance mode and cleared the cache and cookies just in case that would help. 

Also, should I be trying to access it through localhost/prestashop/ or is there some other link?

Thanks for the help, everybody  ;)  It's always appreciated!

Edited by preserver (see edit history)

I followed your guide to regenerating the htaccess file (found here:  http://mypresta.eu/en/art/basic-tutorials/how-to-regenerate-htaccess-in-prestashop-1-5.html ), and now the front end is accessible.  I had thought the htaccess file was being regenerated since the time stamp on the htacess file was being updated when I made those alterations in the SEO & URLs page, but it must not have been successfully regenerated.

Thanks again!

• 2 years later...