How to Show Product Attribute Option in Product List

jahyax

I was just wondering if can we show the option in selecting the product attribute in the product list page?

is it possible that the customer can select attribute option in the product list without clicking the product itself?

Has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks,

Jah Yax

• Like 1

Yes it can, but you have to modify the related controller files and the products-list.tpl:

CategoryController.php, NewProductsController.php, BestSalesController.php and, PriceDropController.php

You can do something like this, create new function() to create an array for each products :

/* function to get all necessary data of products combinations
 * @param $products An array of products data
 * return array products combinations
 */
public function getProductAttributeCombinations($products) {
    $combinations = array();

foreach($products as $product)
    {
        // load product object
        $product = new Product ($product['id_product'], $this->context->language->id);

// get the product combinations data
        // create array combinations with key = id_product
        $combinations[$product->id] = $product->getAttributeCombinations($this->context->language->id);
    }

return $combinations;
}

public function initContent()
{
    parent::initContent();
    $products = $this->category->getProducts($this->context->language->id, (int)$this->p, (int)$this->n, $this->orderBy, $this->orderWay);
    $combinations = $this->getProductAttributeCombinations($products);
    $this->context->smarty->assign('combinations', $combinations);
}

Then in your template file/theme file (products-list.tpl) you can do something like this :

{foreach from=$combinations key=k item=comb}
    {* because the array key are id_product, we can separate the product combinations in here 
       with if/else statement compared with the id_product from the foreach loop of products-list *}
    {if $k = $product.id_product}
        {* The attribute Group Name *}
        <p class="comb_title">{$comb.group_name}</p>
        {* List of attribute values inside the attribute Group for current product *}
        <select>
        {foreach from=$comb item=attr}
            <option value="{$attr.id_attribute}">{$attr.attribute_name} {l s=': +'} {convertPrice price=$attr.unit_price_impact}</option>
        {/foreach}
        </select>
    {/if}
{/foreach}

Note: this is just an example ...

I didn't take look to the classes files and the controller file to give you the exact script, so you should try it out by yourself.

I guess this won't be too complicated if you just wanna be able to display product combinations for each product in the products list page, but if you want customer to be able to select the product combination and then "Add to cart", then it will be more complicated :rolleyes:

Edited by gonebdg - webindoshop.com (see edit history)
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi nice code for start up. I added and modified few files to be able to add the selected combination to the cart if we have a one attribute combination.

For ex,

I have 2 attributes named "Brand" and "weight". 

The "Brand" attribute has following values "Brand1, Brand2, Brand3, etc.,"

The "Weight" attribute has following values "100g, 250g, 500g , 1kg, etc .,"

Case1:

Few product have only "Brand" attribute. For that the dropdown list shows all generate combinations. And it is working fine.

Case2

But few product have both "Brand" and "weight" attribute combination like

{Brand1 , 100g},

{Brand1, 250g} ,

{Brand2, 500g}

In this case, the dropdown lists all values like below, ie., instead of showing 3 items it shows 6 items.

Brand1

100g

Brand1

250g

Brand2

500g

Can you please suggest me the code to get the combinations of all attribute as a single item to be displayed in a dropdown?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem like Boguslaw, blank page after using idea of gonebdg.

There was error about rewriting initContent function, so I make some changes and in CategoryController.php I changed original initContent function like this (about line 98):

{

$this->setTemplate(_PS_THEME_DIR_.'category.tpl');

if (!$this->customer_access)
			return;

if (isset($this->context->cookie->id_compare))
			$this->context->smarty->assign('compareProducts', CompareProduct::getCompareProducts((int)$this->context->cookie->id_compare));

$this->productSort(); // Product sort must be called before assignProductList()

$this->assignScenes();
		$this->assignSubcategories();
		if ($this->category->id != 1)
			$this->assignProductList();

$products = $this->category->getProducts($this->context->language->id, (int)$this->p, (int)$this->n, $this->orderBy, $this->orderWay);

$this->context->smarty->assign(array(
			'category' => $this->category,
			'combinations' => $combinations,
			'description_short' => Tools::truncateString($this->category->description),
			'products' => (isset($this->cat_products) && $this->cat_products) ? $this->cat_products : null,
			'id_category' => (int)$this->category->id,
			'id_category_parent' => (int)$this->category->id_parent,
			'return_category_name' => Tools::safeOutput($this->category->name),
			'path' => Tools::getPath($this->category->id),
			'add_prod_display' => Configuration::get('PS_ATTRIBUTE_CATEGORY_DISPLAY'),
			'categorySize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('category')),
			'mediumSize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('medium')),
			'thumbSceneSize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('m_scene')),
			'homeSize' => Image::getSize(ImageType::getFormatedName('home')),
			'allow_oosp' => (int)Configuration::get('PS_ORDER_OUT_OF_STOCK'),
			'comparator_max_item' => (int)Configuration::get('PS_COMPARATOR_MAX_ITEM'),
			'suppliers' => Supplier::getSuppliers()
		));
	}

before this code I put code of  public function getProductAttributeCombinations($productswhat gonebdg mentioned. And in Productlist.tpl this code from gonebdg aswell:

<select>
			            <option value="{$attr.id_attribute}">{$attr.attribute_name}</option>
			        {/foreach}
			        </select>
			    {/if}
			{/foreach}

Problems:

1. If I look to some category now I see in every article attributes of all articles. It dificult to explain so I'm attaching screenshot. Accessories.png
  2. Prestashop saying error about Undefinied index $comb.group_name
  3. How can I show only sizes what are available (by quantity in stock)

Somebody have some idea how to solve it? The second point is not so important for me but the first one.

Edited by huko (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! First of all sorry for my English, because is very bad  :unsure:

gonebdg thank you for the code!!!  :)

Problems:
  1. If I look to some category now I see in every article attributes of all articles. It dificult to explain so I'm attaching screenshot. 

Somebody have some idea how to solve it? The second point is not so important for me but the first one.

huko, I think I can help you with your first problem. Just try to change this :

For this:

{if $product.id_product == $k}

Tell me if it works for you please (it works for me). About the other 2 problems I'm like you and trying to solve them.

• Like 1

Problems:
  1. If I look to some category now I see in every article attributes of all articles. It dificult to explain so I'm attaching screenshot. 

About your second problem... I solved it doing this:

{if $product.id_product == $k}
{/foreach}
        <p>{$attr.group_name}</p>

Probably it isn't a good solution for our code.... but it works  :)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  1. Prestashop saying error about Undefinied index $comb.group_name
  2. How can I show only sizes what are available (by quantity in stock)

I also interested in these questions.Have you decided to these problems?

and one more question!

how did you split the attributes??? (see my screen)

for example, I have two attr:    colour and size. I want to display only SIZE. plz help, how to do that?

post-734461-0-72786800-1391635673_thumb.png

Edited by xakep2000 (see edit history)

Does anyone know how to do this??

How can i create so that I'm able to  choose combination and then 'add to cart'.?

It should by that change the price (I have set some combinations to add +$2 on price etc..)

Prestashop 1.5.4.1 here.

hi;

"add to cart " it will be more complicated, i not used add to cart button for my project. i used prestashop catalog mode .

i think add to cart button not reguared for this because costumer have to see product all pictures, product all information before bought.

Edited by safa (see edit history)

hi;

"add to cart " it will be more complicated, i not used add to cart button for my project. i used prestashop catalog mode .

i think add to cart button not reguared for this because costumer have to see product all pictures, product all information before bought.

It depends what products you sell. For mine products there is no need to see images and description. Customers want easier to att products to cart directly from category page. 

Do you have any idea how this could be done?

• Like 1

Really helpful topic, we have done a similiar change to the product page for showing all combinations and prices impact in a table.

(Based on this : http://itinnovator.co/discussion/subject/prestashop-show-product-combination-attributes-with-prices-on-product-page )

It is for a PrestaShop in catalog mode for tools rental, so combinations are rental periods (1 day, 1 week, 1 month), the product base price is 0$ and the prices per rental period are set in the price impact of the combination.

So we have customized the provided code above for showing the prices of the rental periods also in the product-list.tpl in category page and it's working great.

Then, we taught, what if this combination has a specific price, how will it look?  So we made a specific price for a combination, and it is not showing on the product-list, not showing on the product page, the regular price is still on both pages.

Someone have a clue for the specific price situation?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can't do it. Tried everything, can someone explain in a little more detail how to do this?

Just a question, if i want to do the above, do i have to change all the controllers or can i just change product controller?

Edited by AZC (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

I've used this code successfully on the product-list template + CategoryController file. I now need to move it into a module for the theme on the site. One of the things I tried was to use the same code as I successfully got working in the category view, by posting the 2 functions in the controller file for the module (extended from modulecontroller) and the foreach loop in the template file for the module. But nothing happens... What am I missing? I would really appreciate some pointers to get this working.

Edited by Caroline W (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes it can, but you have to modify the related controller files and the products-list.tpl:

CategoryController.php, NewProductsController.php, BestSalesController.php and, PriceDropController.php

You can do something like this, create new function() to create an array for each products :

/* function to get all necessary data of products combinations
 * @param $products An array of products data
 * return array products combinations
 */
    $combinations = array();

{
        // load product object

$combinations[$product->id] = $product->getAttributeCombinations($this->context->language->id);
    }

return $combinations;
}

{
    $this->context->smarty->assign('combinations', $combinations);
}

Then in your template file/theme file (products-list.tpl) you can do something like this :

{* because the array key are id_product, we can separate the product combinations in here 
       with if/else statement compared with the id_product from the foreach loop of products-list *}
        {* The attribute Group Name *}
        {* List of attribute values inside the attribute Group for current product *}
        <select>
            <option value="{$attr.id_attribute}">{$attr.attribute_name} {l s=': +'} {convertPrice price=$attr.unit_price_impact}</option>
        {/foreach}
        </select>
    {/if}
{/foreach}

Note: this is just an example ...

I didn't take look to the classes files and the controller file to give you the exact script, so you should try it out by yourself.

I guess this won't be too complicated if you just wanna be able to display product combinations for each product in the products list page, but if you want customer to be able to select the product combination and then "Add to cart", then it will be more complicated :rolleyes:

how to add to the list view items in a grid in prestashop 1.6.0.8? Did this someone? Thank you in advance

Edited by effectdesign (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi,

This is usefull, thanks for sharing

I managed to build bootstrap dropdown with combinations for each product on product list. Willing to share... Let me know if youre looking for it

Hi i would like to know the steps l am using ps.1.6 and leo theme and i want to display like this

post-866609-0-31016600-1420396744_thumb.png

thanks in advance

Leo

Edited by leoknwme (see edit history)

Hi i would like to know the steps l am using ps.1.6 and leo theme and i want to display like this

attachicon.gifScreen shot 2015-01-04 at 11.47.42 PM.png

thanks in advance

Leo

Hi 

You can see what i managed to do here: Dyrefoder.dk

let me know if this is what youre looking for

Any particular skill to show to us? I am longing for the answers.  :rolleyes:

Who are you writing to?

Edited by michaelhjulskov (see edit history)

HI leo

Great
Im a very busy these days opening my new shop and warehouse etc. 

are you developer? cause if you arent, i think its gonna be very difficult/complex for you to do on you own

please contact me on skype michaelhjulskov, i need to know more about you shop to answer/see if my approach can be used for your shop. 

later i can find my code changes and put it on github for others to copy from - please understand its not perfect solution for all scenarios - its a hack, okay

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I made these changes in my CategoryController.php, NewProductsController.php, BestSalesController.php files. 

I am able to see the combination drop down in the product category page properly. :)

But I am not able to see the drop down in the New Product, Best Seller and Popular tabs in home page. In which files do I need to make changes to reflect in these tabs on the homepage?

• 1 month later...
Hello,

Thank you very much for the contribution, but now I have a problem, in the list of products by category works perfectly, but it does not work me when the product list is by Manufacture.

Anyone else happens?

I tried to change the Controller "ManufacturerController.php" but I can not make collect different options.

Thank you very much in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, this code works for me, I show combinations in my product list page but when I paging information, this information is null.

I think is because of ajax pagination, when URL change data is dropped and $combinations variable in product_list.tpl is not declared, only declared in first page list product.

In product_list.tpl i have this code:

{if isset($combinations)}
	<span class="product_combinations">
	<strong>{l s='Formats:'}</strong>
	{foreach from=$combinations[$product.id_product]|@sortby:"price" key=id_attribute_combination item=combination name="combination"}
		{if $combination|@count}
			{$combination.attribute_name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}
			{if !$smarty.foreach.combination.last},{/if}
		{/if}
	{/foreach}
	</span>
{/if}

And in my CategoryController.php:

$combinations = array();

{
		// load product object

}

return $combinations;
}
$this->products = $this->category->getProducts($this->context->language->id, (int)$this->p, 10000, $this->orderBy, $this->orderWay);
	$this->combinations = $this->getProductAttributeCombinations($this->products);

'combinations' => $this->combinations,
		'description_short' => Tools::truncateString($this->category->description, 350),
		'products' => (isset($this->cat_products) && $this->cat_products) ? $this->cat_products : null,
		'suppliers' => Supplier::getSuppliers(),
		'body_classes' => array($this->php_self.'-'.$this->category->id, $this->php_self.'-'.$this->category->link_rewrite)
	));

Somebody could help me?

Sorry for my bad english :S

Hi All,

I have tried to show attribute combinations on product listing page in prestashop 1.6.0.14 ( for defalut theme ) and adding products to cart from the same page it self and it worked for me ( See Attachment ). I am going to give brief steps here; Just follow the instruction given below.

1. First of all it is required to have list of combinations for all product and for that add following function in classes/Product.php file.

public static function getProductAttributeCombinations($id_product) {
	$combinations = array();
	$context = Context::getContext();
	$product = new Product ($id_product, $context->language->id);
	$attributes_groups = $product->getAttributesGroups($context->language->id);
	$att_grps = '';
	foreach ($attributes_groups as $k => $row)
	{
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_values'][$row['id_attribute_group']] = $row['attribute_name'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_group'][$row['id_attribute_group']] = $row['group_name'];

$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_groups'] = @implode(', ', $combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_group']);
		$att_grps = $combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_groups'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_names'] = @implode(', ', $combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_values']);
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes'][] = (int)$row['id_attribute'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['price'] = (float)$row['price'];

// Call getPriceStatic in order to set $combination_specific_price
		if (!isset($combination_prices_set[(int)$row['id_product_attribute']]))
		{
			Product::getPriceStatic((int)$product->id, false, $row['id_product_attribute'], 6, null, false, true, 1, false, null, null, null, $combination_specific_price);
			$combination_prices_set[(int)$row['id_product_attribute']] = true;
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['specific_price'] = $combination_specific_price;
		}
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['ecotax'] = (float)$row['ecotax'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['weight'] = (float)$row['weight'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['quantity'] = (int)$row['quantity'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['reference'] = $row['reference'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['unit_impact'] = $row['unit_price_impact'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['minimal_quantity'] = $row['minimal_quantity'];
		if ($row['available_date'] != '0000-00-00')
		{
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['available_date'] = $row['available_date'];
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['date_formatted'] = Tools::displayDate($row['available_date']);
		}
		else
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['available_date'] = '';
		foreach ($combinations as $id_product_attribute => $comb)
		{
			$attribute_list = '';
			foreach ($comb['attributes'] as $id_attribute)
				$attribute_list .= '\''.(int)$id_attribute.'\',';
			$attribute_list = rtrim($attribute_list, ',');
			$combinations[$id_product_attribute]['list'] = $attribute_list;
		}
	}
	$comb = array(
		'attribute_groups' => $att_grps,
		'values' => $combinations
	);

return $comb;
} 

2. Now need to assign this combinations in controllers file like CategoryController.php, ManufacturerController.php, NewProductsController.php, PriceDropController.php, BestSalesController.php that is in controllers folder.

I am showing you here only for category page and for that need to call function that we have made in step#1 in CategoryController.php

Change function initContent() with following code

{

return;

$this->context->smarty->assign('compareProducts', CompareProduct::getCompareProducts((int)$this->context->cookie->id_compare));

$this->assignScenes();

$products = (isset($this->cat_products) && $this->cat_products) ? $this->cat_products : null;
	foreach($products as &$pro)
	{	
		$pro['combinations'] = Product::getProductAttributeCombinations($pro['id_product']);
	}

'description_short' => Tools::truncateString($this->category->description, 350),
		'products' => $products,
		'body_classes' => array($this->php_self.'-'.$this->category->id, $this->php_self.'-'.$this->category->link_rewrite)
	));
}

3. Replace code in your product-list.tpl ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/ ) file of default theme with code in product-list.tpl.txt file ( File attached )

4. Replace code in your global.js ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/js ) file of default theme with code in global.js.txt file ( File attached )

5. Add this in global.css ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/css )

.att_list{padding:10px;}
.att_list .selector{margin: 0 auto;}

6. Replace code in your ajax-cart.js ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blockcart ) file of default theme with code in ajax-cart.js.txt file ( File attached )

That's It! :)

Please note that this is only working in default theme for now if you want to use in custom theme you need to make changes in tpl files accordingly.

post-420695-0-95674500-1429276596_thumb.png

global.js.txt

ajax-cart.js.txt

product-list.tpl.txt

Edited by Divyesh Prajapati (see edit history)
  • Like 12

Hi All,

I have tried to show attribute combinations on product listing page in prestashop 1.6.0.14 ( for defalut theme ) and adding products to cart from the same page it self and it worked for me ( See Attachment ). I am going to give brief steps here; Just follow the instruction given below.

1. First of all it is required to have list of combinations for all product and for that add following function in classes/Product.php file.

$combinations = array();
	$att_grps = '';
	{
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_values'][$row['id_attribute_group']] = $row['attribute_name'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_group'][$row['id_attribute_group']] = $row['group_name'];

$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_groups'] = @implode(', ', $combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_group']);
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_names'] = @implode(', ', $combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes_values']);
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['attributes'][] = (int)$row['id_attribute'];

{
			Product::getPriceStatic((int)$product->id, false, $row['id_product_attribute'], 6, null, false, true, 1, false, null, null, null, $combination_specific_price);
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['specific_price'] = $combination_specific_price;
		}
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['quantity'] = (int)$row['quantity'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['unit_impact'] = $row['unit_price_impact'];
		$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['minimal_quantity'] = $row['minimal_quantity'];
		{
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['available_date'] = $row['available_date'];
			$combinations[$row['id_product_attribute']]['date_formatted'] = Tools::displayDate($row['available_date']);
		}
		else
		{
			$attribute_list = '';
		}
	}
	$comb = array(
	);

return $comb;
} 

2. Now need to assign this combinations in controllers file like CategoryController.php, ManufacturerController.php, NewProductsController.php, PriceDropController.php, BestSalesController.php that is in controllers folder.

I am showing you here only for category page and for that need to call function that we have made in step#1 in CategoryController.php

{

return;

$this->assignScenes();

$products = (isset($this->cat_products) && $this->cat_products) ? $this->cat_products : null;
	{	
		$pro['combinations'] = Product::getProductAttributeCombinations($pro['id_product']);
	}

'products' => $products,
	));
}

3. Replace code in your product-list.tpl ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/ ) file of default theme with code in product-list.tpl.txt file ( File attached )

4. Replace code in your global.js ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/js ) file of default theme with code in global.js.txt file ( File attached )

6. Replace code in your ajax-cart.js ( in folder /themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blockcart ) file of default theme with code in ajax-cart.js.txt file ( File attached )

Please note that this is only working in default theme for now if you want to use in custom theme you need to make changes in tpl files accordingly.

I change it like you sad, and if i click Add to Cart add default size. It is possible to button Add to Card Add selected combinations?

• Like 2

Hi,

Thank you for this thread. If I'm not mistaken, the purpose is to allow the selection of attributes from the quick view before adding the product to cart.

I've followed all the steps given by Divyesh Prajapati but it doesn't seem to work. For example, on the category page, when I click on an attribute, the page is loading before I can add to cart.

Thank you for your help.

So, I did the modifications once again and now it works well. But I would like to know if the attributes must necessarily be in a selection list? Isn't it possible to have the same thing with the "color list" option? In my case, the "sizes" attributes are presented in a "color list", just like the colours attributes, and I would like, if possible, to keep this presentation.

And as I'm not very good in coding, can someone show me how to modify the ManufacturerController.php, NewProductsController.php, PriceDropController.php, BestSalesController.php files?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Divyesh Prajapati

I think you meant (theme/default-bootstrap/js/module/blockcart/ajax-cart.js) in your step 6

And I am also facing the same problem it is adding the same thing which i add first time. Also is it supposed to change the price while selecting option from dropdown. Please help!!!!

@Bhaskey: its not adding same attribute. Its adding the one you have selected. It's tested 100%. You may be missing something.

@Sam: it's advisable to show attribute combination rather than showing each attribute separately to keep it simple silly. Will show you to add attributes later for other controllers.

Hi Divyesh Prajapati

I think you meant (theme/default-bootstrap/js/module/blockcart/ajax-cart.js) in your step 6

And I am also facing the same problem it is adding the same thing which i add first time. Also is it supposed to change the price while selecting option from dropdown. Please help!!!!

If you are not using default theme then path will be theme/YOUR_THEME/js/module/blockcart/ajax-cart.js

Thank you Divyesh Prajapati for your kind reply. :)

Sorry, there are 2 other issues I forgot to mention:

1. I notice that we can add the products to cart without selecting the attributes. Is there a mean to force the customer to select the attributes before he can add to cart?

2. It would be great to have the same functionnality for the blockwishlist module. Thus, when the customer selects the attributes and clicks on the "Add to my wishlist" link, the product is added in the wishlist with the selected attributes (currently, it is added with the attributes by default).

Looking forward for your comments.

Thank you Divyesh Prajapati for your kind reply. :)

Sorry, there are 2 other issues I forgot to mention:

1. I notice that we can add the products to cart without selecting the attributes. Is there a mean to force the customer to select the attributes before he can add to cart?

2. It would be great to have the same functionnality for the blockwishlist module. Thus, when the customer selects the attributes and clicks on the "Add to my wishlist" link, the product is added in the wishlist with the selected attributes (currently, it is added with the attributes by default).

Looking forward for your comments.

can you please provide link ?

Hi Divyesh,

Thank your for your code, it really is helpful. I just wondered if it works well with pagination because with my implementation once I click on "next page" or a page number link, the attributes list does not appear anymore. it seems that the $product.combinations is no longer available to the product-list.tpl file, I assume it is because the ajax script "reloads" the new products, so the modifications in the "init_content()" function are not applied...

Same problem with the layered navigation module...

I am trying to find a solution to that but if it worked on your website, I wouldn't understand why it doesn't on mine...

Edited by onkstudio (see edit history)

Hi Divyesh,

Thank your for your code, it really is helpful. I just wondered if it works well with pagination because with my implementation once I click on "next page" or a page number link, the attributes list does not appear anymore. it seems that the $product.combinations is no longer available to the product-list.tpl file, I assume it is because the ajax script "reloads" the new products, so the modifications in the "init_content()" function are not applied...

I am trying to find a solution to that but if it worked on your website, I wouldn't understand why it doesn't on mine...

May be you are using block layered navigation module. If yes than you need to add some short of code in blocklayered.php file.

In blocklayered.php file there is a function ajaxCall() and in that just before $smarty->assign add below code.

{	
}

Thank you very much for your answer.

I did not realize the link with the block layered module, after you gave me the hint I went and modified the "getProducts()" function in the blocklayered.php file with the following code (around line 3137) :

foreach ($products as &$product)
{
	if ($product['id_product_attribute'] && isset($product['product_attribute_minimal_quantity']))
		$product['minimal_quantity'] = $product['product_attribute_minimal_quantity'];

$product['combinations'] = Product::getProductAttributeCombinations($product['id_product']);
}

And it worked. Your modification is similar since the ajaxCall() function uses the getProducts() one.

Thanks again !

• Like 1

Hi Divyesh,

I sent you a PM, don't know if you've received it. Anyway, I'm using the default theme of Prestashop 1.6.014 with very minor changes (especially in colours).

Just need to know how we can apply the same thing to the blockwishlist module, in other words, how to select the attributes before adding to wishlist (when we are on category page).

And if it's possible to display an alert message in case the customer has not selected attributes before adding to cart or to wishlist.

Thank you.

Hi Divyesh,

I sent you a PM, don't know if you've received it. Anyway, I'm using the default theme of Prestashop 1.6.014 with very minor changes (especially in colours).

Just need to know how we can apply the same thing to the blockwishlist module, in other words, how to select the attributes before adding to wishlist (when we are on category page).

And if it's possible to display an alert message in case the customer has not selected attributes before adding to cart or to wishlist.

Thank you.

Yes, It's possible to have selection of attributes for wishlist module.

open ajax-wishlist.js file from folder themes/YOUR_THEME/js/modules/blockwishlist/js

add code given below in staring of function WishlistCart

if($('#attribute_combination_'+id_product).length > 0)
{
	id_product_attribute = $('#attribute_combination_'+id_product).val();
}
if(!id_product_attribute)
{
	alert('Please select attributes!');
	return false;
}

Thanks a lot Divyesh!

The selection of attributes works well but if I add a product to wishlist without selecting any attribute, there is no alert message. Hope I copied your code in the right place. Here is how I modified the js file in WishlistCart function :

function WishlistCart(id, action, id_product, id_product_attribute, quantity, id_wishlist)
{
    {
    }
    {
        return false;
    }

$.ajax({ // etc.

Thanks a lot Divyesh!

The selection of attributes works well but if I add a product to wishlist without selecting any attribute, there is no alert message. Hope I copied your code in the right place. Here is how I modified the js file in WishlistCart function :

function WishlistCart(id, action, id_product, id_product_attribute, quantity, id_wishlist)

{

{

}

{

return false;

}

$.ajax({ // etc.

It's working fine, If you notice you aleardy have selected attributes in category page and product with selected attributes is being added to wishlist. So it seems all good.

Sorry, I may not express myself well. The problem is that we have default selected attributes. I would like the customer to select the attributes by himself because sometimes they just don't pay attention to these details. And it's important that they select the right attributes before adding to wishlist.

If possible, it would be great to have also an alert message with the "add to cart" button.

Sorry, I may not express myself well. The problem is that we have default selected attributes. I would like the customer to select the attributes by himself because sometimes they just don't pay attention to these details. And it's important that they select the right attributes before adding to wishlist.

If possible, it would be great to have also an alert message with the "add to cart" button.

you need to change product-list.tpl file and add first option as "Select your choice" or something like that.

Ok, so, in "product-list.tpl" file, I added the following line :

<option value="choose" selected="selected" title="--choose--">{l s='-- Please Select --'}</option>

as follows :

<select name="attribute_combination_{$product.id_product}" id="attribute_combination_{$product.id_product}" class="form-control attribute_select" ref="{$product.id_product}">
        <option value="choose" selected="selected" title="--choose--">{l s='-- Please Select --'}</option>
        {foreach from=$product.combinations.values key=id_product_attribute item=combination}
            <option value="{$id_product_attribute|intval}" title="{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}">{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>
        {/foreach}
    </select>

But, it doesn't seem to work. I've been searching on the forums. This kind of question has already been asked but unfortunately, it seems there is no solution. Too bad...

Thank you anyway.

Ok, so, in "product-list.tpl" file, I added the following line :

as follows :

<select name="attribute_combination_{$product.id_product}" id="attribute_combination_{$product.id_product}" class="form-control attribute_select" ref="{$product.id_product}">

{foreach from=$product.combinations.values key=id_product_attribute item=combination}

<option value="{$id_product_attribute|intval}" title="{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}">{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>

{/foreach}

</select>

But, it doesn't seem to work. I've been searching on the forums. This kind of question has already been asked but unfortunately, it seems there is no solution. Too bad...

Thank you anyway.

Update with this code

<option value="" selected="selected" title="--choose--">{l s='-- Please Select --'}</option>
        {/foreach}
    </select>

Thank you so much Divyesh, you are great! :rolleyes:

Now, it's working fine.

I have just two last questions (I promise I won't bother you again after that ^^) :

1) Is it possible to have an alert message for the 'add to cart' button as well?

2) I notice that when a combination of attributes is out of stock (for instance, "S, orange"), then the "add to cart" button is unactivated and it's not possible to select other combinations. How can we fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Divyesh Prajapati,

Sorry for bothering you :unsure:

I just want to show "More Sizes Available" on product-list along with product. (For which product have combinations available)

I have tried following conditions in product-list.tpl, but nothing gave the desired result:

{if !empty($product.combinations)}

or

{if (isset($product.combinations) && is_array($product.combinations) && count($product.combinations) > 0)}

But no luck, I am sure you can help me something out. How to achieve it.

Thanks a lot for helping.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i have an issue with product attribute in product list.

In the product list, on product hover i had the color picker and the name of the product who apeared, but know it doesn't work anymore. I only have the price product who work.

It appears that the right block in product list don't show.

I think i 've done something wrong but i didn't modify the product-list.tpl unless it's a bug ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

this code  displaying the following errors:

Notice: Undefined index: combinations in /opt/lampp/htdocs/thekiranaboy_onclick/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 226

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/thekiranaboy_onclick/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(157) : eval()'d code on line 226

Please solve it

Edited by vijju (see edit history)

Hi Vijju,

Try to remove 'combinations' => $combinations, in CategoryController.php file after :

'products' => $products,

Hope it will help.

Hi, 

Everything is fine except:

- Ajax top cart does´t work, don´t expand.

- Only add to cart default size (attribute), even if you select another size (attribute) from the product list attributes.

I really apreciate if you could help.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It seems there's an issue I had not noticed until now. When on the category page, suppose you select an item with a certain attribute and put it to cart, then you select another attribute of the same item and put it to cart. So, logically, you should have 2 products with different attributes in your cart. But when you look in your cart, you can see that you do have 2 products but with the same attribute (the first one you selected).

Anyone one noticed that ? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Divyesh,

Thanks. It works like charms.

Can we display the price also along the Combination in select box.

30 ml - $50

50 ml - $80

How can we active this. ?

Basically, i want to edit price also in Product list.tpl (Where it shows price). So either we can show the prices in combination select box or we can autoupdate price in Product list page ,if user select any combination.

I really apreciate if you could help.

Thanks

Edited by centivasoftwares (see edit history)

You can use the following code.

But you will have to put base price as 0 and give all the combinations price_i crease value as the actual price of the combination

<option class="comb_product" value="{$attr.id_product_attribute}">{$attr.attribute_name} {l s=':'} {convertPrice price=$attr.price}</option>

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

$combinations = array();
	$att_grps = '';
	{

{
		}
		{
		}
		else
		{
			$attribute_list = '';
		}
	}
	$comb = array(
	);

return $comb;
} 

{

return;

$this->assignScenes();

{	
	}

'products' => $products,
	));
}

Hello @Divyesh Prajapati!! Please, i ask a help about this. I did what you indicated [modified the product-list.tpl file to add the selector, modify the function initContent() in CategoryController.php, and added the function function getProductAttributeCombinations($id_product) in product.php]. Anyway not work because it brings me a selector but with all combinations. It not selected on the default combination as is showing the price.

I look for an easier solution, and just want to show the default combination (ie selected by default). I just need to show the combination corresponding to the price indicated by default. Isn't necessary show the selector with combinations... Only I want show the combination corresponding to the price default.
Could you help me on this, please ??? I come from a while ago with the same problem.

Thank you!!

Hi All,

$combinations = array();
	$att_grps = '';
	{

{
		}
		{
		}
		else
		{
			$attribute_list = '';
		}
	}
	$comb = array(
	);

return $comb;
} 

{

return;

$this->assignScenes();

{	
	}

'products' => $products,
	));
}

This solution worked for me, thanks a lot !

Can we have the same result with overriding (and prevent lost of this change when update ?)

And a big problem for me is :  the list of attributes disappear when I use the "layered navigation module", how can I fix this ?

Thanks.

modify for price on select and change price

{if $product.combinations}

<div class="att_list" style="display:block;">

{$elemento_da_sottrarre=$product.combinations.values|@reset} {*ottengo il primo elemento dell'array che andrò a sottrarre *}
            {*mi ricavo il prezzo base sottraendo dal prezzo escluse le tasse del primo prodotto meno la variazione di prezzo da combinazione*}
            {$prezzo_base = $product.price_tax_exc - $elemento_da_sottrarre.price} {*mi ricavo il prezzo base*}

<fieldset>
<label class="attribute_label">Select {$product.combinations.attribute_groups|escape:'html':'UTF-8'} </label>
        <option value="" selected="selected" title="--choose--">{l s='-- Please Select --'}</option>

{* somma dei prezzi arrotondati quello base di partenza "vedi sopra" e quello della combinazione aggiunto delle tasse applicate
              {*convertPrice price = $combination.price + $product.price_tax_exc*}
              {*convertPrice price = $combination.price + $prezzo_base * (100 + $product.rate) / 100*}
           *}

<option value="{$id_product_attribute|intval}" title="{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" data-prezzoCompleto="{convertPrice price = ($combination.price +  $prezzo_base) * (100 + $product.rate) / 100}">
            <span id="" class="price prezzo_completo" itemprop="price" content="">{convertPrice price = ($combination.price +  $prezzo_base) * (100 + $product.rate) / 100} </span>
            {$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>
        {/foreach}
    </select>
</fieldset>
</div>
{/if}
{* Added for attributes *}

//// 

$('.att_list select.attribute_select').live('change', function(){
var idCombination = $(this).val();
var text = $(this).find('option:selected').attr('title');
var prezzo = $(this).find('option:selected').attr('data-prezzoCompleto');
$('.price.product-price').html(prezzo);
alert(prezzo);
$(this).prev().html(text);
var ref = $(this).attr('ref');
if(idCombination != 'undefined')
$('.add_cart_'+ref).find('a.ajax_add_to_cart_button').attr("data-id-combination", idCombination);
});

-----------
Now for display combinations in homefeatured module?!?!?!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prestashop Product List -Product Attributes :

i am putting this code but not working, SIze Prices exactly not showing, just see the picture, when i am select (ex: 2kg) product price split to all products,  plz help me anyone

product-pic.jpg

{if $product.combinations}

<div class="att_list" style="display:block;">

{$elemento_da_sottrarre=$product.combinations.values|@reset} {*ottengo il primo elemento dell'array che andrò a sottrarre *}
            {*mi ricavo il prezzo base sottraendo dal prezzo escluse le tasse del primo prodotto meno la variazione di prezzo da combinazione*}
            {$prezzo_base = $product.price_tax_exc - $elemento_da_sottrarre.price} {*mi ricavo il prezzo base*}

<fieldset>
<label class="attribute_label">Select {$product.combinations.attribute_groups|escape:'html':'UTF-8'} </label>

{* somma dei prezzi arrotondati quello base di partenza "vedi sopra" e quello della combinazione aggiunto delle tasse applicate
              {*convertPrice price = $combination.price + $product.price_tax_exc*}
              {*convertPrice price = $combination.price + $prezzo_base * (100 + $product.rate) / 100*}
           *}

<option value="{$id_product_attribute|intval}" title="{$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}" data-prezzoCompleto="{convertPrice price = ($combination.price +  $prezzo_base) * (100 + $product.rate) / 100}">
            <span id="" class="price prezzo_completo" itemprop="price" content="">{convertPrice price = ($combination.price +  $prezzo_base) * (100 + $product.rate) / 100} </span>
            {$combination.attributes_names|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</option>
        {/foreach}
    </select>
</fieldset>
</div>
{/if}

{* Added for attributes *}

<script>

$(document).ready(function(){

$('.att_list').each(function(index){
$att_list = $(this);
var idCombination = $att_list.find('select.attribute_select').val();
$att_list.next().find('a.ajax_add_to_cart_button').attr("data-id-combination", idCombination);
});

$('.att_list select.attribute_select').live('change', function(){
var idCombination = $(this).val();
var text = $(this).find('option:selected').attr('title');
var prezzo = $(this).find('option:selected').attr('data-prezzoCompleto'); 
    $('.price.product-price').html(prezzo);
     $(this).prev().html(text);
    var ref = $(this).attr('ref');
$('.add_cart_'+ref).find('a.ajax_add_to_cart_button').attr("data-id-combination", idCombination);
});
});
</script>

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You may be missing something. Can you please go through my solution again and check?

As what you've said, I placed this code below in my classes/Product.php

$combinations = array();
	$att_grps = '';
	{

{
		}
		{
		}
		else
		{
			$attribute_list = '';
		}
	}
	$comb = array(
	);

return $comb;
} 

And then, after that, I placed this code below on CategoryController.php, ManufacturerController.php, NewProductsController.php,PriceDropController.php, and BestSalesController.php under initContent() function

{	
			}

And then, I replaced product-list.tpl, global.js, ajax-cart.js with your files attached on your first post. And I also added this code to my global.css

And then, after that, I refreshed the page and still nothing attributes displayed in my product list. Please help!!!

Can you provide me link?

Hello Divyesh! I already solved my problem. I forgot to include 

in 

'products' => $products,
	));

But now, I have another problem. When I choose an attribute, and then hit the add to cart button, the cart display the DEFAULT ATTRIBUTE VALUE and NOT THE ONE THE I SELECTED. So please, help me. in my site, I disable the quick view animation. I also hook the blockcart on my right column hook. Do you have any idea why? Thanks a lot Divyesh!

Hi,

It seems there's an issue I had not noticed until now. When on the category page, suppose you select an item with a certain attribute and put it to cart, then you select another attribute of the same item and put it to cart. So, logically, you should have 2 products with different attributes in your cart. But when you look in your cart, you can see that you do have 2 products but with the same attribute (the first one you selected).

Anyone one noticed that ? 

I have the same problem.. :( Is there anyone can help? Please.