section where download doc

Hi There,

i need to find a module for download section for the website where the user can download pdf,power point presentation or images for a specific products

1. the user must be registered

2 i must be able to create categories and subcategories where to upload the documentation

i need to upload the documentation from the admin

• 1 month later...

you can use simple if condition in product-list.tpl file

{if $logged}
HERE CODE WITH ATTACHMENTS TAB
{/if}

I have the same problem, I want to limit the access to download to unregistered users.

There is no code with attachments tab in "product-list.tpl", as you kindly suggested.

There is a code in "product.tpl" but when adding the "$logged" condition, the download link still exists, it just moves to the "tab1" instead (the product escription tab).

I am on PS1.5.4.

Can you please help?

please show your code after modifications (only part with $logged variable)

ofcourse not product-list.tpl, but product.tpl

Hi Vekia,

thanks for replying. This the current code:

{if $logged && $attachments}<li><a id="more_info_tab_attachments" href="#idTab9">{l s='Download'}</a></li>{/if}

I have also tried this, but didn't work:

{if $logged}<li><a id="more_info_tab_attachments" href="#idTab9">{l s='Download'}</a></li>{/if}

Both these codes are doing the same thing: they hide the "download tab". The problem is that the attachment link is then shown on the main tab (description tab) of the product, so a simple visitor can download the attachment.

If you want to see what I mean, please go to http://coloranti-naturali.ro and open the product "Albastru Ocean"

You will see on the description tab a "dummy file" which I have uploaded as attachment to the product.

Thank you for helping.

Edited by coloranti naturali (see edit history)