[HOW TO] Block Layered Display Out Of Stock Product Attributes

mozack

Here as small how to for Layered Navigation module. I found too much people asking for that mod, so i wrote this how to and it is also available in portuguese here: http://goo.gl/CCMjA7

So here we go. Block Layered works with product attributes filter (like size, color, etc) and when you have one attribute out-of-stock but still enabled, when customer check the attribute, the product still appear, even with this attribute with quantity 0.

The only way to change that without changing the core of module, is disabling this attribute when it is out-of-stock, which if you have a million products is a nightmare...

So, to avoid this problem i made some changes in blocklayered.php.

Note that my blocklayered version is 1.8.9 and my prestashop version is 1.5.4.

1 - Dont Show Products With Selected Filter Attribute Unavailable

To hide products which have the customer selected filter out of stock, open the file blocklayered.php and around line 2375 you find the code: case 'id_product_attribute' :

After that you find 2 foreach. In the second one you will find the code:

foreach ($sub_queries as $sub_query)
{
$query_filters_where .= ' AND p.id_product IN (SELECT pa.`id_product`
FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination` pac
LEFT JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute` pa
ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)';

if (version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>'))
$query_filters_where .= Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa');
$query_filters_where .= 'WHERE '.implode(' OR ', $sub_query).') ';
}

Replace with:

{
ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)';
$query_filters_where .= 'INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available` sa
ON (sa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute` AND sa.`quantity` > 0)';

$query_filters_where .= Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa');
$query_filters_where .= 'WHERE '.implode(' OR ', $sub_query).') ';
}

OK, now, navigating to category where this problem happens you can note that products with selected attribute unavailable will not be shown anymore.

But, looking to filter name you will se that the total products do not correspond with the ones presented, this is because the block layered table still add product attributes even when out of stock.

2 - Correction Of Out-Of-Stock Attributes in DB

To correct this problem, we need to index only attributes available. To do this, open again the blocklayered.php file and search for public function indexAttribute($id_product = null) (around line 255). 

After that, change the code: 

Db::getInstance()->execute('INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute` (`id_attribute`, `id_product`, `id_attribute_group`, `id_shop`)
SELECT pac.id_attribute, pa.id_product, ag.id_attribute_group, '.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? 'product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`' : '1').'
FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute pa
'.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa') : '').'
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination pac ON pac.id_product_attribute = pa.id_product_attribute
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute a ON (a.id_attribute = pac.id_attribute)
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_group ag ON ag.id_attribute_group = a.id_attribute_group
'.(is_null($id_product) ? '' : 'AND pa.id_product = '.(int)$id_product).'
GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product '.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? ', product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`' : ''));

To:

Db::getInstance()->execute('INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute` (`id_attribute`, `id_product`, `id_attribute_group`, `id_shop`)
SELECT pac.id_attribute, pa.id_product, ag.id_attribute_group, '.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? 'product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`' : '1').'
'.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa') : '').'
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination pac ON pac.id_product_attribute = pa.id_product_attribute
'.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? '
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available sa ON (sa.id_product_attribute = pac.id_product_attribute AND sa.quantity > 0)
' : '').'
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute_group ag ON ag.id_attribute_group = a.id_attribute_group
GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product '.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? ', product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`' : ''));

Now, navigate your your Layered Navigation configuration page in admin and Build Attribute Index.

You should note that the number of products with attribute have been changed too.

Hope you enjoy this mod and dont forget to make a backup of your file...

Regards

Mozack

Edited by mozack (see edit history)
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

hello

this is a great contribution! thank you very much for your help!

However I have a small problem.

After filtering size and shown the correct products, the color filters are not correct.
for example I have 3 shoes of size EU35 (black, white, brown) and the color filters are 4 (black, white, blue, brown)

• Like 1

Well Joss54,

First of all, thanks for your comment, i appreciate when people talks about contributions... Is the only way we know if we should keep working or not.

Regarding your question, i have not colors available in my websore, by this way i didn't change the color feature/attributes.

But as everything, is possible.

I'll check that and will post something here regarding your problem.

Thanks

Mozack

• 1 month later...

Hi Maarten T,

This was made for 1.8.9 block Layered. PS version, actually i don't think that have influence but i didn't saw yet.

Here a code that should work: 1st part of code:

{
      ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)'; //Close Query

$query_filters_where .= 'INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available` sa ON (sa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute` AND sa.`quantity` > 0)';

Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa').' WHERE '.implode(' OR ', $sub_query).') ';
}

For the second:

SELECT pac.id_attribute, pa.id_product, ag.id_attribute_group, product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`
        FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute pa'.
        Shop::addSqlAssociation('product_attribute', 'pa').'
        INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_combination pac ON pac.id_product_attribute = pa.id_product_attribute'.(version_compare(_PS_VERSION_,'1.5','>') ? '
INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available sa ON (sa.id_product_attribute = pac.id_product_attribute AND sa.quantity > 0)
' : '').'
        GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product , product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`');

What we do?

Here we add the code that check if feature have stock. You must re-index features after apply code.

Thanks

Mozack

P.S.: Please let me know if it works, since i'm not testing the code, i'm just seeing in this text area.

Hi,

Thank you for your support. Unfortunately your fix doesn't work. Now when i select 0mg i get a spinner with text "Loading..". The spinner stays there until i deselect 0mg. Next time when i select 0mg the spinner is not there anymore but when i select both 0mg and 30ml i still get 1 result where I expect none.

Hi Maarten

Just tell me. Did you re-index all attributes? Another question, is both with 0 quantities 0mg and 30ml in all products?

That's strange. In color propose, i didn't fix yet, but in size, etc this code should work as expected.

Can you provide your store url to check javascript errors, etc?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did this :

ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)'.
            'INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available` sa
            ON (sa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute` AND sa.`quantity` > 0)'.
WHERE '.implode(' OR ', $sub_query).') ';

and it's working like a charm :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Mozack - bless you for working this one out, as we're now on our fourth filtering module (and after trying 3 3rd party modules, we're back to Layered Navigation, as it's the most effective).

I'm using PS v1.5.6.2 with v1.10.1 of the block layered module.

The code seems to have changed quite considerably (certainly with regards to positioning) and though I've been able to find the relevant parts of the code you've mentioned above, I've had strange results.

The first part is not that relevant, as I'm hiding the quantities of all the products on each filter option anyway in the F.O.

The second part, I implemented, though Dreamweaver complained about code errors, so I tried to fix them and then re-indexed.

The filter options for adult shoe size (www.sunproof.co.uk/dev) did change - but I was still getting false positives in the product search results - i.e. models of crocs being listed that were not actually in stock and available for that size attribute.

If you, or anyone out there would like to offer to help fix this, we'd be grateful, because the filter works so well otherwise (and I'd always be prepared to stick it in the jobs section as a paid fix)...

Of course, the final step to total 'filter domination' would be to get the damn thing displaying on the homepage for the whole catalogue - but that seems to be a different story altogether.

Do you fancy having another delve into this? :wub:

• Like 1

Hi Mozack - bless you for working this one out, as we're now on our fourth filtering module (and after trying 3 3rd party modules, we're back to Layered Navigation, as it's the most effective).

I'm using PS v1.5.6.2 with v1.10.1 of the block layered module.

The code seems to have changed quite considerably (certainly with regards to positioning) and though I've been able to find the relevant parts of the code you've mentioned above, I've had strange results.

The first part is not that relevant, as I'm hiding the quantities of all the products on each filter option anyway in the F.O.

The second part, I implemented, though Dreamweaver complained about code errors, so I tried to fix them and then re-indexed.

The filter options for adult shoe size (www.sunproof.co.uk/dev) did change - but I was still getting false positives in the product search results - i.e. models of crocs being listed that were not actually in stock and available for that size attribute.

If you, or anyone out there would like to offer to help fix this, we'd be grateful, because the filter works so well otherwise (and I'd always be prepared to stick it in the jobs section as a paid fix)...

Of course, the final step to total 'filter domination' would be to get the damn thing displaying on the homepage for the whole catalogue - but that seems to be a different story altogether.

Do you fancy having another delve into this? :wub:

Hi,

So, i'm using exactely the same version as yours (PS 1562 and BL 1.10.1) and it works. I cannot check the url your are giving me, so i cannot try that.

The only part that doesn't work is for color, i didn't change anything there cause i don't use color combination in my website.

But, there was some changes in code since my first post (PS 1.5.4 and BL 1.8.x), so there is the new code changes:

First you need to find the line (around 1846) inside case 'id_attribute_group': , in the second foreach and change with the code below

Part 1:

{
						ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)
						INNER JOIN `'._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available` sa
ON (sa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute` AND sa.`quantity` > 0)'.
					}

After, go to line (around 872) the function indexAttribute and change the whole function with the code:

public function indexAttribute($id_product = null)
	{
		if (is_null($id_product))
			Db::getInstance()->execute('TRUNCATE '._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute');
		else
			Db::getInstance()->execute('
				DELETE FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute 
				WHERE id_product = '.(int)$id_product
			);

INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute` (`id_attribute`, `id_product`, `id_attribute_group`, `id_shop`)
			SELECT pac.id_attribute, pa.id_product, ag.id_attribute_group, product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`
			GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product , product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`'
		);

return 1;
	}

Hope this solve the issue.

Don't forget to re-index all attributes and make a backup of your block layered.php file.

Please reply if your problem was solved...

Thanks

Mozack

• Like 2

Same problem here with presta 1.5.6.2 and 1.10.1 .. why they can't make option in module configuration to disable this...

Hi,

Please check my post that change the code to your version... (the quote before).

Don't forget to tell me if works

Thanks

Mozack

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, it was designed to work on prestashop up to 1.5.6 and layered up to 1.9 (i think). But essentially, to work just in prestashop 1.5+

Anh with PS 1.6 how to hide product when it out of stock, I don't want see product show for buyer when it out of stock

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So, i'm using exactely the same version as yours (PS 1562 and BL 1.10.1) and it works. I cannot check the url your are giving me, so i cannot try that.

The only part that doesn't work is for color, i didn't change anything there cause i don't use color combination in my website.

But, there was some changes in code since my first post (PS 1.5.4 and BL 1.8.x), so there is the new code changes:

First you need to find the line (around 1846) inside case 'id_attribute_group': , in the second foreach and change with the code below

Part 1:

{
						ON (pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`)
					}

After, go to line (around 872) the function indexAttribute and change the whole function with the code:

public function indexAttribute($id_product = null)
	{
		if (is_null($id_product))
			Db::getInstance()->execute('TRUNCATE '._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute');
		else
				DELETE FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute 
				WHERE id_product = '.(int)$id_product
			);

INSERT INTO `'._DB_PREFIX_.'layered_product_attribute` (`id_attribute`, `id_product`, `id_attribute_group`, `id_shop`)
			GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product , product_attribute_shop.`id_shop`'
		);

return 1;
	}

Hope this solve the issue.

Don't forget to re-index all attributes and make a backup of your block layered.php file.

Please reply if your problem was solved...

Thanks

Mozack

Hi Mozack!!!

Thanks for your great contribution!!!

It' s works perfectly!!!

Angela

• 2 months later...

Dear Mozack

First of all thanks for this mod. I am trying to implement it but i could not get it to work.

I have (PS 1.5.4 and BL 1.8.x) I am following the instructions exactly the way you explain, and do the re-index all attributes as well, and it seems to work perfectly, but I do not see any changes in my drop down when the attribute has no stock, still show the attribute in the dropdown.

Any suggestions of what am I doing wrong?

Thnaks!

Kind Regards

• 1 month later...

It works for me like a charm in PS 1.5.61 and BL 2.0.0 and for colors too!

In my case I'm using texture images for color values: http://cincelaser.com/38-complementos-deica

The last only thing I wish for that is when you select one of the filtered products, it will appear with the proper image.

I mean, if you are looking for blue things in a category, show me the product I choosen but with the blue color image instead of the default color value image.

Thanks!

Edited by Alberto Fernández (see edit history)

Dear Mozack,

Thank you for the mod.  I will apply them this weekend and hope they work for my site.

I have been have all sort of problem with the block layered module (to add to the complication, I work in a multi-shop environment) and have been unable to put the site into production because of these.

Cheers,

Cha

Edited by cafetango (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

Great topic and great work so far Mozack! 

Glad to find others who are experiencing the same issues with the block layered module.

I'm currently working in version 1.6.0.9 of Prestashop. Does anyone have a work-around for this version already? I've been searching all over the net for a solution :)

Also I'm not a web developer, so I'd rather leave it to the more experienced...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kind regards

Judith

Edited by Judith VDB (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone has a working fix for 1.6.0.14?

I tried to implement and the filter does the job, but when going to click the attribute (which shows the current totals for attributes) it will not return any product.

A big shame, maybe an easy one!

I'm going to try this for 1.6 too. Can anyone confirm if it works ?

I'm amazed how this option does not come out-of-the-box, and even more amazed that I didn't found one single module that does this.. Does this means that every PrestaShop store shows unavailable products on listing and no one cares ? :o

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I fix it like follow. I add also a filter to not exclude product not on stock but that can be order anyway and a fix for multistore.

ABOUT line 870 replace with:

SELECT pac.id_attribute, pa.id_product, ag.id_attribute_group, pas.id_shop
            INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_attribute_shop pas ON pas.id_product_attribute = pa.id_product_attribute

INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'stock_available sa ON sa.id_product_attribute = pac.id_product_attribute

INNER JOIN '._DB_PREFIX_.'attribute a ON a.id_attribute = pac.id_attribute

WHERE (sa.`quantity` > 0 OR sa.`out_of_stock` = 1)

GROUP BY a.id_attribute, pa.id_product , pas.id_shop'
        );

ABOUT LINE 1844

{
                        ON pa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`

ON sa.`id_product_attribute` = pac.`id_product_attribute`'.

WHERE (sa.`quantity` > 0 OR sa.`out_of_stock` = 1)
                        AND '.implode(' OR ', $sub_query).') ';
                    }

I hope it will help :-)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good Morning, I've been watching this post, and I have to accomplish something that I think what you have said is possible with the resolution here post.

But I wanted to be sure.

My case is as follows:

-I want to insert a layered filter on the AdminProducts page, the page where you have the listing of all the products in my store, but I want this filtering to be saved for each person who accesses the backoffice (saves the filtering of each person),

-And only wanted to be able to add at most 15 filters, "I also wanted the filters to be a bit different from the ones that already exist.

Can I adapt this example to myself?

Thank you for the clarification.

PS: My version of prestashop is 1.6

Edited by SilviaPimenta (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...