Restrictions on Carrier

• 2 weeks later...

it is possible if you trick the system, how can i do that?

You can always use the weight to split the products and then use weight ranges to assign the carrier and price.
For more details about this, read the wiki http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Shipping/
If you are stuck then post back.

Hint: you can say weight from 100-200kg to use carrier1 and 201-300kg to use carrier2 (and yes i know that the weight of that product is none of that, but just use the weight as a variable).

I tried that.
Carrier A, weight range 0-1000kg - shipping 20€ : Product A = 200kg (default carrier)
Carrier B, weight range 1001-2000kg - shipping 40€: Product B = 1200kg

But:
When adding the Product B (40€) to the cart (Cart block), shipping cost is set by Carrier A as a default carrier (20€). After checking out on the list of carriers there are both carriers displayed with different shipping costs (20€ and 40€), Carrier B is now checked (40€), but customer can still choose Carrier A.

So, this is not a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

have a simillar problem: 4 carriers(1: 0-0,2kg ll 2: 0,2-5kg ll 3: 5,1-10 ll 4: 10,1-20). say i have a product at weight level 1. the cart shows the default shipping cost as long as weight does not exceed it. thats fine. when weight goes over the cart shows shipping cost at ZERO and stays there. it doesnt show the cost of carrier 2. Problem nr 2: At checkout ALL carriers above and including carrier 1 show, but I want to show ONLY carrier 1. At BO i “disable carrier” for the ‘Out-of-reach-behaviour’ so the lower carrier dissapear, fine. but all the others show. Whats more, carrier 4 (the most expensive one!) is checked by default everytime u want to checkout. any idea?

I know someone who had a similar problem.
For your second carrier your have 2 - 5 kg. Try entering 2.1 as you have with the others.
If that doesn't work, try entering the weights as 2.001, or even 2.00001, 5.001 (5.00001) etc etc - I don't know why but this other person had to use 5 places after the decimal point for his to work - but it did work :)

There are some bugs in the range checking for the carriers. I have reported them and posted fixes:

http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/2605/

Thank u very very much swguy. the carriers list at checkout is fixed. charm. Can u magically fix the other problem, please?: the cart only shows the default carrier(carrier 1) and when the weight goes over, it shows zero shipping, it doesnt show the next in line.

i saw this bug report(2967), language was too high for me... my problem is: say i have 3 carriers by weight: one: 0-1kg = 1£.... two: 1.1-2kg = 2£.... three: 2.1 - 3kg = 3£. I set carrier one as default. If i have a product at 0.5 kg, the shopping cart will show shipping cost 1£. Fine. But say the product's weight is 1.5 kg then the cart shows shipping costs Zero. It won't show 2£ (carrier two). At checkout, the right carrier is showing and only when i click 'next' and go to payment page then the cart is updated and showing the right shipping cost - 2£

I know someone who had a similar problem.
For your second carrier your have 2 - 5 kg. Try entering 2.1 as you have with the others.
If that doesn't work, try entering the weights as 2.001, or even 2.00001, 5.001 (5.00001) etc etc - I don't know why but this other person had to use 5 places after the decimal point for his to work - but it did work :)

tried it Chrissie, with 5 spaces, didnt work