'Dynamic' product descriptions

thijsvk

Hello all,

The company I work for has decided to revamp some websites using PS.

We employ an external web dev for this.

The idea is that visitors can select different features on a product page (color, size etc). Based on these features the price changes accordingly.

This works perfectly right now.

Our database has been adapted to work with PS, and is completly up to date.

The problem we're facing now however is that we would like the description to change with features.

Each product in our database has a description, but PS treats multiple products as a single product with different features.

A product is for instance available in 50cm and in 75cm.

The product is essentially the same, but each has its own product code, EAN code and description.

Is it possible to have the product page display the corresponding description based on the selection of features (size and colour mostly), rather than a generic description that applies to the product regardless of the selected features? This would apply to both the short description at the top, as well as the 'more information' tab.

Hopefully someone is able to provide some insight.

Regards

While we do have a number of useful attribute modules, we do not have anything that adds an additional description field for combinations.

You would likely need to create a custom solution here, as I have not seen a module that offers this functionality.

This is unfortunate. I was hoping it was possible to use some form of lookup based on the displayed product code to show the corresponding description, but I was already prepared for the worst case scenario.

We'll likely have to change the database content.

Thank you Tomerg3 for your quick reply.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,
In one of the shops that we manage we use not only attributes that are based on differences in size or color but also differences in material. Each product attribute of the vendor has its own EAN-code.

In PrestaShop I can only register just 1 EAN-code on the main article.
I would
like to link a separate and different EAN-code to any logical combination of attributes.
Actually pretty
weird that this is not standard behavior in PrestShop, because it is common in many branches to use EAN-codes that way.

Does anyone have an idea how to create a smart solution for handling multiple EAN-codes?

Thanks in advance!