Error when adding pictures to product

Hi, i'm a newbie on prestashop. Please lend me your helps and guidance to solve this issue..

I just freshly installed prestashop 1.5.5.0 and i got problem when i want to add pictures to my products.

it says : "An error occurred while copying the image" , ( here is the screenshot

post-711796-0-38212200-1380275218_thumb.png

post-711796-0-72420000-1380339471_thumb.png

post-711796-0-82170300-1380339479_thumb.png

)

i have also tried to upload from the other place, and it's run smoothly, i only got this problem when adding images on product.

For your information, i've also tried to installed prestashop 1.5.5.0 on my localhost but it's run perfectly and there is no issue as stated above.

Anybody can help me ? I am really appreciate your help

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,

franky

Edited by franky91 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

hi, joan.. if the image that you upload have been uploaded to "img/p" ??

i was try to upload an jpg file and i got none of them uploaded, but i notice that the image that i upload's is moved to "img/tmp" wasn't in jpg type.

i really got confused of this issue... i need to solve it as soon as posible

Hi,

can you try turning errors ON as suggested in my signature, and see if you get any feedback? Also, before uploading the image, open the developer console, in chrome, safari or firefox if possible, then access the 'network' tab, or 'console' on firebug, and upload the image. If it fails, you should be able to learn more about the error there!

Hi,

can you try turning errors ON as suggested in my signature, and see if you get any feedback? Also, before uploading the image, open the developer console, in chrome, safari or firefox if possible, then access the 'network' tab, or 'console' on firebug, and upload the image. If it fails, you should be able to learn more about the error there!

hi, nemo1. Thansk for your respond. I have do as what you tell me to do. I've set PS_MODE_DEV to true. But on the console i got a blank page, so i don't know what's going on. on network tab all the status are also shown 200 OK

i will update the screen shot on my post

I see,

there might be an issue with the resizing function, as this is what triggers the message:

elseif (!ImageManager::resize($tmpName, $new_path.'.'.$image->image_format))
$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An error occurred while copying the image.');

Can you make sure all your folders are at least set to 755 permission rights?

I see,

there might be an issue with the resizing function, as this is what triggers the message:

elseif (!ImageManager::resize($tmpName, $new_path.'.'.$image->image_format))
$this->errors[] = Tools::displayError('An error occurred while copying the image.');

Can you make sure all your folders are at least set to 755 permission rights?

yea... folder permission has been set to 777 recurrsive

i just realized that now, a also can't upload image to category :(

i really don't get it what's going wrong

• 1 month later...

There might be a couple of different reasons for it. I found that resizing images to a lower resolution worked using Windows and FF but my client who uses a Mac and Safari still had problems. However, when she switched to Opera, it worked just fine. Hope that helps someone!

Edited by energise (see edit history)