Cart errors in chrome but ok in IE and Firefox

gnattle

You can add a product to your cart and go through the check out in IE and Firefox however in Chrome you add the product and then it vanishes from your cart? 

I have searched and struggled to come up with an answer. 

Could it be to do with error reporting? (which I read on one post?) 

I only have one product in stock at the moment as testing which is this one: 

http://www.radiator.annacalvert.co.uk/1-small-silver-ruffle-studs.html

Do you have to enable something for different browsers? 

Any help will be muchly appreciated. 

Hi, Yes I have cleared cache (just done it again from the beginning of time) as well as all history, downloads etc and when it comes up checkout or continue, I click checkout and get the message your shopping cart is empty? 

I have just tested it in the Chrome app on my iphone and it works fine? I have also tested in on another computer and get the same error? 

I just created account, added to cart, checked out and completed order.

Received all appropriate emails, and order shows in my history.

the order reference is VRMCJOQXD

this on chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Observations:

your check out is convoluted, you should consider one-page checkout or at a minimum when in checkout we can create complete name/address/pwd etc...and not have us register our email name pwd only...I just got bored...remember the more clicks a visitor is forced to make the more likely they will abandon cart.

When registering, there is something wrong with your form as the first name defaults to aaaaaa.

I just created account, added to cart, checked out and completed order.

Received all appropriate emails, and order shows in my history.

the order reference is VRMCJOQXD

this on chrome Version 29.0.1547.76 m

Observations:

your check out is convoluted, you should consider one-page checkout or at a minimum when in checkout we can create complete name/address/pwd etc...and not have us register our email name pwd only...I just got bored...remember the more clicks a visitor is forced to make the more likely they will abandon cart.

When registering, there is something wrong with your form as the first name defaults to aaaaaa.

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Ok I have no idea then why it is not working for me :(

How do I go about setting up one page checkout? I agree this would be much better I just was not sure how to do it? 

Also I am not sure what has happened to the form as two test accounts are showing the first names? (see screen shot). Will a setting have changed somewhere? 

post-650102-0-21443900-1380119931_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much for your reply. 

Ok I have no idea then why it is not working for me :(

How do I go about setting up one page checkout? I agree this would be much better I just was not sure how to do it? 

Also I am not sure what has happened to the form as two test accounts are showing the first names? (see screen shot). Will a setting have changed somewhere? 

Ok, let's assume it is just you.  Typically this is solved by clearing your browse cache and cookies.  You should  only have to do this once just prior to testing out changes to your shop. 

here is a screen shot of a 1.5.5.0 preferences-->orders

again, it's always a good idea to clear browse cache and cookies after making a shop configuration change, I'm not talking about adding a product but changing the front office runtime characteristics.

for questions you might have that are off-topic here, please search for and if not found post a new topic.

suerte! (luck)

btw: it's a very nice site, well done...back up back up back up

09.25.2013-09.53.png

http://screencast.com/t/JKoSlVr6

• Like 1

Ok, let's assume it is just you.  Typically this is solved by clearing your browse cache and cookies.  You should  only have to do this once just prior to testing out changes to your shop. 

here is a screen shot of a 1.5.5.0 preferences-->orders

again, it's always a good idea to clear browse cache and cookies after making a shop configuration change, I'm not talking about adding a product but changing the front office runtime characteristics.

for questions you might have that are off-topic here, please search for and if not found post a new topic.

suerte! (luck)

btw: it's a very nice site, well done...back up back up back up

09.25.2013-09.53.png

http://screencast.com/t/JKoSlVr6

Super thanks for that! Will sort that now! 

And I will do thank you. 

And thanks for the comments! It has taken a while but nearly done! :) Just a few tweaks to do and couple of pages to add.