Prestashop issue

Unfortunately I had to leave PrestaShop as it was to unreliable. During the first month I had 2 installs fail as a result of setting up the backend. I was doing some minor adjustments when the PrestaShop crashed. I left help messages but no responses. Then I searched and found information from a coder who also experienced PrestaShop crashes and questioned the coding. PresetaShop needs maturing as it can crash easily by a packaged module. You would never have this with WordPress. If a plugin crashed WordPress, just go in and rename the plugin using FTP.  I am a seasoned WordPress site developer for 6 years almost daily working on plugins configurations.

My desire was to publish a product review on PresrtaShop at the WordPress product review venue at Talking Manuals. This would have given WordPress site developers a shop alternative for multi-vendors..

The fact that a shop having thousands of products and many shop vendors can seemingly easily stop working, is not what I am wiling to gamble - when transaction integrity is vital. PrestaShop needs maturing starting with the core schema in regards to being so dependent on modules. The documentation and the attention to details in the PrestaShop script is encouraging and appreciated.

Edited by Bobcat22 (see edit history)

That is pretty untrue about Wordpress and plugin's not crashing it. I have used plenty of plugins that have crashed Wordpress before. Not to mention the fact that you are comparing apples to oranges. Wordpress is the most hacked platform on the internet. I cannot think of one instance of a live shop running Prestashop being hacked. 

With over 100k live shops running Prestashop, I have to say that the problems you had were out of the ordinary. I wish we had gotten the chance to help you get it running.

As for the plugin's, they operate differently than they do in Wordpress. Prestashop's code base is about 3 times the size of Wordpress for one. But for another most Wordpress plugins only have front end changes, they do not modify the pluggable core. Most Prestashop modules do have to modify the core. The reason they do is for security. That being said, you cannot really compare the two, it is like say a Ford Focus is easier to drive than a Corvette. 

Dh42, from your response, you have not read my post. WordPress plugins can crash a WordPress site, however you can fix it by renaming the plugin or deactivating it. From a site developer'a perspective, how is this comparing apples and oranges?

Hi El Patron, you state, "It's important to note, crossing over to new CMS's can be a challenge if you are not proficient in the many facets of the new platform.  It takes time to learn what 'not' to do."

I did not expect a crash by just uncheching a check box in the admin.

The problem I have with the PrestaShop script, some modules that come packaged can crash the site. I was just ticking a check box or 2 and BAM, it crashed. With 2 out of 2 installs within 30 days crashing, without being able to recover the installs. And 2 out of 2 post which were either with no response of no solution.

I am not complaining, I just am too scared to continue with these odds when considering an e-commerce script with transactions pending and outstanding..

I do not remember the ones I checked or toggled, the problem is that enabling or disabling options within the admin can crash the site. I am also reading the forum post and also see the same issues here.

This is not a matter of how much PHP one knows or how well you are familiar with PrestaShop, the concern is simple, you can crash a Presta/shop by just toggling the options within the admin.