my 1.2.3.0 installation stuck in step 3

winxp sp2
firefox 3.0.13
apache 2.2.13
mysql 5.1.37
php 5.3.0

I can install and run 1.2.2.0 smoothly. today 1.2.3.0 has been released, so I want to update to day
new database, new install (not update install)
when runs to step 3, verify database correctly, go next.... button turn to gray, but then doesn't to go step 4..... then turn to clickable again.
I turn on the debug mode, but no any warning given.
what's wrong? any body came across this problem? wait for answer.
thanks.

Same thing for me !

Stuck in step 3 ! I already have a "prestashop" website on same server, using same MySQL and Apache, and it is working (v1.1 I suppose).

Same symptoms. Testing DB access returns OK, while clicking "Next" do nothing (except a 2-seconds progress bar, top right of the page).

Conf : Windows 2008 + EasyPHP 3.0 (Apache 2.2.11, PHP 5.2.8, MySQL 5.1.30)

I think I have found !

I had unckeched the SMTP settings, hoping that did not matter. ERROR ! Even unckecked, I think the installer tried to connect to localhost/25 and failed. I check the SMTP settings, correctly fill the SMTP infos, and now it is working (Step 3 is quite long, it is creating tables...).

I wanted to upgrade as well today and followed the instructions, but I'm also stuck on step 3 of the installation.
I am using WAMP 2.0, and this was working with me previous installation.

In my php log I get the following error everytime I click next on step 3: PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant _PS_DEBUG_ - assumed '_PS_DEBUG_' in C:\wamp\www\presta\classes\MySQL.php on line 151

Any ideas on how to solve this?

It's nice to see that I'm not alone to be stucked in step3 on my second install of the day... (at first install, I could not log in the back office, login/psw was refused) I should have not used the "check mail "option as during first install I didn't do it and I went to step 4 in one click...
I'm starting my 3rd install, crossing my fingers...

Hello I'm in same situation and getting grey hair over here..
trying to install on my local PC with wamp.

Stuck in step 3..

All looks fine with database connection and all.

this is What I have from firebug..

need assist..

Notice: Use of undefined constant _PS_DEBUG_ - assumed '_PS_DEBUG_' in C:\wamp\www\shop\classes\MySQL.php on line 151

Notice: Use of undefined constant _PS_DEBUG_ - assumed '_PS_DEBUG_' in C:\wamp\www\shop\classes\MySQL.php on line 151

I've trying to install full mode and neve checked the no config on the SMTP part and no e-mail address to test

ps_ tables are created nicely but still stuck in 3.. :(

The problem is that a PHP notice message is raised during the install and if your PHP is configured to display notices, this messages makes the install crash.

Notices are generally not displayed on servers, but it may be the case on development systems.

To avoid this, you'll have to change your PHP configuration (php.ini) and turn (for example) :

error_reporting  =  E_ALL

to

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

Hye,

I'm on a vista with easyPHP 5.3.0.
I have made the change in the php.ini, (also in the php.ini-production and php.ini-development the modification just in case), but I'm still stuck int the step 3. The database is found and all the settings required in the step 2 are checked.

I'm lost

Hye,

My mistake was to not delete the database when I retry the install :
I just click next in the third step after doing the change in the ini files and restarting the server.

After deleting the database, recreating it, and starting from the first step the install, all gone well.

Hope this help.

Thanks for all of your follow, and thanks for Patric's solution. I tried, and it works. ths.

From you replay, I got an idea to fix this bug, and tried, it works. if somebody can't or dont know how to edit php.ini, maybe can try it:

add:
if(!defined('_PS_DEBUG_'))
define('_PS_DEBUG_',false);

To:
classes/MySQL.php line 150,
before: if (_PS_DEBUG_ AND mysql_errno())

• 3 weeks later...

This is wierd! I had the same problem, I couldn't get past step 3 of installation. The database and tables were created, but I couldn't create a user in step 4.

I changed the php.ini as suggested earlier and that didn't work either

However, I did find a solution to my problem! For some reason in my Firefox 3.5.3 and in Internet Explorer 8 I could not get past step 3, but in Opera 10 I had success without changing anything internally.

Why would that be?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem i did the error_report thing and check if there is a ; and nothing i used almost all browsers and dont get pass the step 3...

I cant do anything.... pleasseee help!!!

I'm using:

Xampp local machine(latest version)
Windows Vista

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...