[solved] How to remove a localization pack?

KSteele

Does anyone know how to properly REMOVE a language pack (translation) I imported a Localization pack from Poland thinking I was going to get help from someone there and now I have a dropdown for the Polish language in the header of a site that only sells in the U.S. - (www.theatomicalley.com) I am using PS 1.5.5.0. See SS:

AA-language.jpg

Well, I guess I jumped the gun with my last response... as I check further I see that all of my top nav "tabbed" links still have the "EN" embedded in the link. However, I know the fix and thought I should post back just in case anyone else comes across this. My version of PS 1.5.5.x comes with a preinstalled module developed by Prestashop called "Top horizontal menu" v1.6 via this module I need to replace the existing links (shown in the right box) with the newly replaced links available in the left box.

Hope this helps

Edited by KSteele (see edit history)
  • Like 1

PA, I am sure that there is a better explanation than I can give out there but from all I can gather it goes something like this (and I may be wayyyy off base here... but this is my interpretation) ...when you delete (in this instance) the language pack you tend to leave holes in your database that cause interruptions or bumps in processing data and when you "disable" the pack instead those holes in your database remain filled and things continue to run smooth. :)

Maybe not the most technical explanation but I suspect pretty accurate. :)