Is my checkout page slow ? [SOLVED]

Mister Denial

Hello,

I am worried I might have a performance issue on my checkout page, when guest customers try to save their details. My website is here: http://www.the-black-angel.com/

Could some of you please create a cart and a fake guest customer and tell me if saving the details is slow or fast?

The rest of my website is quite fast, but somehow the checkout page seems to have trouble.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Dan

Edited by Mister Denial (see edit history)

Hi Patron, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate! Just a quick question: did you experience the lag to index.php when you first accessed the site, or when you went back from the checkout page?

I am hosted on a VPS in the US, and strangely enough, US visitors have often slower performance than Canadians, Europeans and even Australians, although they're thousands of miles away. The boggles me.

Hi Patron, thanks for your feedback, I appreciate! Just a quick question: did you experience the lag to index.php when you first accessed the site, or when you went back from the checkout page?

I am hosted on a VPS in the US, and strangely enough, US visitors have often slower performance than Canadians, Europeans and even Australians, although they're thousands of miles away. The boggles me.

just when I first entered but then it loaded very fast..it wasn't a long lag....when I revisit it loads instantly  (got to love mod_expires)

it's very difficult to measure performance by country...

nice shop...hope you have loads of sales...now you just need to geo localize your prices and currencies by country, I am in the US and get euro pricing....that is going to turn many off...

I agree with the Patron.

Very nice shop you have there. Its loading fast from my side (Serbia).
It would be better if server was located in the Europe for Europeans but if you said you are on the VPS then I guess this is quite good performance.

And yes, as Patron said, if you are selling outside Europe dont give them prices in Euro. USD is more common and you can trade with it in China and al lover the globe. Euro... not so often. For example I know for sure that with USD you can buy anything in China, middle East etc and you need to make hard work before you buy something with euros if no exchange office is nearby.

I guess its the same with online business as well.

• Like 1

Hi you two, thanks for your feedback, glad to hear it loads quite fast. I'm always worried about performance, probably too much for my own good.

I will be redesigning the shop for 1.5. soon, and I will definitely heed your advice and work on localization of prices, at least add the Dollar.

Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated!