Top horizontal menu - modify parent/child items

D-bird

I tried to search for a similar subject but couldn't find any (probably searching with wrong words).

In top horizontal menu, I'm trying to get a product category as a parent item and below that (drop down child items) I'd like to have multiple cms pages. Configuring the module I can have either the cms category as a parent and cms pages below that as child items or the product category as a parent but I'm not able to mix these two.

Any tips?

Vekia, did you mean this one? Pretty close, but it didn't help :/

It can't be this hard to have category as a parent and cms as a child, can it? :D I also tried (with forum's help) to modify the top navigation code so that I could modify child items straight through the module's configuration but it didn't work at all. Maybe it was for older versions.

If anyone has ANY idea how to make this happen, I would be SO happy! Been searching for hours without any improvement.

I think the easiest and best way would be to have a product category as a cms category. Then there wouldn't be one extra (useless) cms category shown in the breadcrumbs. Any way of doing that, is it even possible?

• 6 months later...