Configuration Checklist - Drop Down List Doesn't Work

I am setting up my store (latest version 1.5.5.0) on a VPS server.   Working with my hosting company to set-up the features recommended I have encountered a problem.

Under -      Advanced Parameters separator_breadcrumb.png Performance ...  when I activate the function:

Apache optimization

... on the dashboard my Configuration checklist will not show if the Apache Optimization is activated.

Is this suppose to happen? If not, how do I correct it?

post-707132-0-43699300-1379546195_thumb.jpg

post-707132-0-17011300-1379546196_thumb.jpg

post-707132-0-79108300-1379546196_thumb.jpg

post-707132-0-20820400-1379546197_thumb.jpg

To make sure that the apache optimizations are working and that your server has the installed modules you can do this. Fto into your site, then go to the root of your site and open your .htaccess file. At the bottom it will have something like this. 

<IfModule mod_expires.c>
	ExpiresActive On
	ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
	ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 month"
	ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
	ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 week"
	ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 week"
	ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 1 week"
	ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 week"
	ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
</IfModule>

FileETag INode MTime Size
<IfModule mod_deflate.c>
	<IfModule mod_filter.c>
		AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/css text/javascript application/javascript application/x-javascript
	</IfModule>
</IfModule>

If you delete the whole lines that start with < and end with > save the file and upload it. If your site still loads, all the apache mods are installed. If you get an internal server error, restore the file to the way it was, one of the modules is not installed. 

What those lines do is basically say if this module is installed, do this. So if the module is installed it will run the directive. What you are doing is taking the if statement off and just telling it to run the directive. If it tires to run a directive that is not installed, it will give an error. 

• 2 months later...