installed new theme, it merged the default theme into it, help!

ok i got prestashop to install on my website! but now i have a new problem  :( i had the default theme on the front of the site and put up the leo shoes theme but now instead of the leo shoes theme having all the info it came with it put the default items like the ipod stuff into it and its totally crapped up my website i dont know how to fix it though. any suggestions?

picture attached

post-707108-0-65856600-1379115162_thumb.png

bwilliam,

the sample 1 you show is a module you can turn on/off in back office. (called "Image slider for your homepage")

What happened is the following: When adding the theme, it just changed the 'layout' of your shop, but DIDN'T change the 'functionality' of the shop, so all modules that were there in the default theme, are still on in the leo theme.

(N.B. once a while a theme comes with added functionality, so it installs extra modules, but that's not the point here)

See it like this: if you have your shop set up with a certain payment module, an advertisement (like this sample 1 'slider' module), how shipping works, etc. you wouldn't want this to be gone when just changing the layout of your shop, right?

So, if there are special blocks you don't like in the current leo theme, just disable them in modules->modules.

if you need help identifying them, please send some more pics , we'll try to give you the names.

Hope this helped,

pascal

N.B., as Vekia mentioned, LUCKILY, your products (or 'CONTENTS' in general) won't change/disappear when just changing the theme. So the (sample) items that come with the installation, are still there. You can just go to back office and them go to catalog->products to delete them if you don't want them.

But I am glad that just changing the layout of my shop doesn't throw out my products etc. :-)

So we have three things:

1) layout (which changes when changing the theme)

2) functionality

3) contents

My 2 cents,

pascal