[SOLVED] Is there a way to remove all items from the home category?

I want to redo the features that show, but without realizing what the "home" category would (make items the featured ones) do I put all of my items (700+) under subcategories but clicked the home category as well. Is there a way to bulk unclick all items from the home category so my featured items show without screwing up the main category they are in or do I have to do all 700+ one by one (removing the home category)?

Edited by vekia (see edit history)

Good morning Oodlesforless.

There is a way to achieve such a mass update in one move but it involves direct manipulation of your store's database, i.e. execution of an appropriate MySQL statement via a tool like phpMyAdmin (or via command line, if your host allows you shell access).

If your Home category has an ID of 2, the following statement should do the trick:

DELETE FROM ps_category_product WHERE id_category = 2;

All product-category associations are apparently stored in the table "ps_category_product", so this statement searches all entries for products having been associated with the Home category and deletes those associations.

Please, before running this statement, wait for confirmation from other, more knowledgable than me, forum members. I would hate for you to inflict some irreversible damage on your store's database due to a bad piece of advice. And in the name of all that is holy, always backup your database before trying operations such as this that involve direct DB manipulation!

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

Same problem here... with 2000 products.

I've just set the wheel sensitivity from my mouse to 100 and all the drag& drop operation was done in 30 seconds :)))

Select product, scroll from the mouse wheel... done!

No sql, php and stuff ;)

Yea...kind of... i don't know! :))

All my products are gone from "home"! - very good!

When I select a product from specific category, it shows featured products from that category - good thing!

But when I enter to same product from a direct link it shows featured products from home! - strange :)

Anyway, better than before so I think is solved :)

• 11 months later...

ok thank you for confirmation

im going to mark topic as [solved]

best regards

Hi,

May be unrelated, but a curious question. How do I delete all the existing categories via query execution?

Is it something like,

DELETE FROM ps_category WHERE id_category='2'

Regards,

Prerana

• 1 year later...