Feature Slider instead of checboxes in block layered navigation

prestatent

Prestashop 1.5.4.1

Is there a way to change a Feature filter to show a slider rather than a checkbox?

Thanks

sorry for bother you, but i don't understand well what you exactly expect, can you shed some light on this?

maybe some screenshot etc.

Hi

I have a Feature called "Temperature". As there are a lot of values for this feature, I would like to show this as a slider in layered navigation block, rather than the default checkboxes. Is this possible?

Thanks.

Hello!

I interesting too about it!

Values in feature what i need show as slider be changed from "custom" to "predegined" and contain only numbers. But in layered navigation block settings i cant select "slider" mode like in "price" or "weight".

Need help! What settings in feature or data format in values must be?

(Sorry my English)

In the .php file at this module i find that: "price" and "weight" hardcoded in it.

And for index prices uses DB table.

I think if do hardwork and create new table and copy and modify some functions that may get slider for 1 feature for our choise.

But i hope in another way :)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

In my case i have Slider for Prices but Slider option is not available in rest of features, only radio, drop down and check boxes.

Is there an edit we can do somewhere in Layered Navigation Module to add Slider option in other Features as well?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PrestaShop 1.6.0.11 was released few days ago, the block layered module also comes with a new version (2.0.7) with a bug: the price sliders does NOT work.

The solution is kindly offered by LeoTheme here: http://www.leotheme.com/support/forum/layered-navigation-block-does-not-show-price-slider-when-update-to-prestashop-1-6-0-11.html

Follow the instruction:

1) download the file

2) upload it in the proper folder

Thanks to Leo for the solution.

Navid 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

hello all

I just read through the whole thread. 

I also need to have sliders or even better to be able to select a range of values for some filters in Layered Navigation in PS 1.6

But I noticed that Layered Navigation records all the feature_values as TEXT in its database table, so it is going to take a lot of work or some other module needs be installed to have this functionality, having text in database does not seem to be an efficient way for Numerical features and I doubt it would be possible to have SLIDERS or RANGE selection features with this module. But still I hope there is a solution since it would help me a lot.

Temporarily I have chosen to show CHECK BOXes on some features, because CHECK BOXES are the only choice which lets users select more than one value for a FEATURE on the filter, and luckily values are sorted in the check box list, but draw back is that the LAyered Navigation is very long (due to several values for features), an slider would be much appreciated.

Please let me know if anybody has got a solution or know of a well working module.

Thanks,

• Like 1

Hi all,

I am using PS 1.6.1.0

Like all of you, i need to add "slider type" filter to other features than price or weight.... for example for height, width etc...

Does someone have a solution ??
This is awaited since several versions of PS... a Presta Hero has to fix this please !!!
Many thanks ;-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Please can anyone help with this? I have spent weeks trying to understand layered navigation but it appears to be very complex. Is there anyway to transplant how prestashop works the weight slider to another feature/column in the DB.

This would make huge improvements to our website. Please help!

Many thanks  :D

Hi Metalines,

there is little documentation about the block layered navigation.

PrestaShop 1.6.1 offers new possibilities about sliders...take a look to the newest version or upgrade just that module (remember to back before upgrading).

Another good solution is the module Advanced Search 4 (available in addons.prestashop.com), you pay and you get:

- super flexible block layered navigation

- documentation

-support for config

I use the module Advanced Search 4 and it's very interesting, it probably requires a lot of server resources.

I hope it was usefull.

Navid

Hi Navid,

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I'm struggling to find the improvements for 'sliders' in Prestashop 1.6.1.0. This is the version we are currently running in our development environment. Our Live site is running on a previous version of Prestashop. 

The Advanced Search 4 module looks incredible. I have had a play with demo and it is a very very very impressive module! I will look at implementing this immediately!.

Thanks again.

• 11 months later...

@navid68: what are you talking about sliders and the newer prestashop versions? Is it about sliders regarding features (guess not) and therefore usefull for this thread or did you just wanna say hello? I'm currently running 1.6.1.6 and there are just no slider options for features... Guess I'll start trying to get it to work with css and maybe javascript if possible at all, haven't looked into it yet, will start by tomorrow

I started using the Warehouse theme (https://themeforest.net/item/warehouse-responsive-prestashop-16-theme-blog/3178575) and it is a big help in managining the front office.

It is reccomended for everyone, don't expect to create an awesome site after installing: it needs configuration.

Happily, the technical support is great: fast answers with real solutions.

Navid

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi,

I purchased the Advanced Search 4 Module and it was well worth it.

It features some very very impressive options and allows you to even add advanced search to the search page or pretty much anywhere as a matter of fact.

I have now learnt that i cant make these modules in a couple of hours so buying them for a couple of hundred pounds is the way to get online and get selling fast.

Hope this helps!

• 3 years later...

It is incredible how after almost 10 years claiming this functionality is not yet implemented in version 1.7.6 and neither will it be in 1.7.7 or later. The explanation is very simple: In the database the characteristics fields are saved as text, instead the prices and the weight are numeric fields, so the slider can only be used on the price and weight