Theme changed my modules... want default back!

I've been mainly learning how to upload data and the nuts and bolts of the back office, but I tried playing with a front office theme... don't like it, but it mushed my modules all around.  I went back to the default theme, but how do I return it to the default layout?  Do I have to manually try to find all it's original parts?

• Like 1

Hi,

That depends on what you did. If you hardcoded your changes inside the modules/ folder's original modules' files, you have to download a fresh prestashop installation and replace the modified entries. If not, just switch back to the default theme :)

I used the "Import/export a theme" module which changed the theme, but it also removed many blocks from the home page, and added one new one.  When I switch back to the default theme the arrangement of the page doesn't change, just the "look"... not unexpected I guess, but I still want to get it back while I'm learning about this part of PrestaShop. Even if I had a list of all the modules used, and where, maybe I could piece it back together...

I don't know for sure which modules are the default ones, unless by uninstalling the "new" theme and re-installing the default, all it's modules will fall into line...

I think the bottom line is that I simply need to spend more time learning the nuts and bolts of this part of PrestaShop... thanks for the Prestashop 101 link!  I haven't used the video's yet since I've been mainly working to get CSV import working, which isn't well documented.  Thanks!