Help - Problem with Layered Navigation (After upgrading to 1.5.5.0)

Hey guys. I am new to this forum, but I have been using Prestashop for quite awhile now. I need some help with an issue I am having please. Recently, I upgraded to version 1.5.5.0 using the 1-Click Upgrade option. After upgrading, in the layered navigation module, I cannot select anything on the "specific categories" pop-up window. I cannot expand all, collapse all, etc. And all I can see is the category Home with the plus sign next to it. I cannot expand by clicking the plus sign either. I have tried reinstalling the module several times. But nothing happens. Please see attached pic. Can anyone help?

post-697862-0-57047100-1378218006_thumb.jpg

It looks like there's just a rogue display: none; in the css.

A quick workaround, in Chrome at least...

Click on "Specific categories", then right click on "Home" (the problematic option that won't expand). Choose "Inspect element".

A couple of lines below the highlighted line, there should be a <ul> tag with a display:none; in the element style. Untick it in the styles or just edit it out of the html.

Then don't close the window, just alt-tab back to the back office and the menu should have already expanded, allowing you to select the options as required and continue.

Instructions will vary slightly for other browsers, but I'm sure you get the idea. I'm sure someone with more knowledge of Prestashop that myself can come up with a more permanent tweak of the css.

• Like 1

It looks like there's just a rogue display: none; in the css.

Hi,

GREAT, it works in Firefox too - Thanks!!

I'v tried to edit the tpl and php of the module and the tree with the used categories by each filter appears too again.

However, I'm no expert with css and so there were many side effects.

Anyway, great solution, we can work with the module till an official fix is provided.

Thanks again,

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

The solution has been posted as follows:

Please modify file "blocklayered.php" in blocklayered module:

replace line 1774 :
$html .= $helper->renderCategoryTree(null, $selected_cat, 'categoryBox')
with
$html .= $helper->renderCategoryTree(null, $selected_cat, 'categoryBox', false, false, array(), true);

and line 1933:
\'onClosed\': function() {
with
\'beforeClose\': function() {

This changes will be available in next package.

• Like 3

The solution has been posted as follows:

Please modify file "blocklayered.php" in blocklayered module:

replace line 1774 :

$html .= $helper->renderCategoryTree(null, $selected_cat, 'categoryBox')

with

$html .= $helper->renderCategoryTree(null, $selected_cat, 'categoryBox', false, false, array(), true);

and line 1933:

\'onClosed\': function() {

with

\'beforeClose\': function() {

This changes will be available in next package.

Hello, could you let me know where this solution was posted? I will check and confirm. Thank you!

• Like 1

works perfectly! :)

Yes it works for me too, but not perfectly.

What happens here is that when i first edit the filter template, wrong number of categories are being selected and the categories

tree does not show up when i try to bring it up

I have uploaded a clip with the behaivior

Yes it works for me too, but not perfectly.

Same problem for me (using a fresh install of 1.5.5.0, default theme, default products). The first time I click "Specific Categories" after clicking the pencil icon beside the template that I want to edit, I get an empty white box. The second time I click it, I am then able to edit the categories.